View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 11:05 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

GalCiv IV Dynasty - Krynn - We Lost!

Hello all! I hope that your day is going super mega well! Do I want to do a dynasty of 4X in Space Galactic Civilizations 4 that came out in October? I just started, knocked out the Tutorial as the default Human Terrans, and then just barely won the “Quick Start” with the default Phalenoids Advance which are a Moth-like race from a with a bright white dwarf sun and then very long day/nights and have era of Waking good for growth and minerals and sleep good for tech and prestige. They are great at science, love folks, have the progressive culture trait and work better on planets with other species.

I BARELY won. I was at 75% and my main foes the Altarians were at 93% Prestige, and I started doing Quests and won with them at 98% a short while later since my economy was so good and industrial on my world to build those answers and buy them where possible and fast build them. The Quick Start has all bad guys all at easy level of difficulty and is designed for an easy update into what is happening. It took me around 8 hours of game time all told.

So this would be my first main go through. Who would win? I don’t know. I never fought a war to win either the Tutorial or Quick Start. You could use ChatGPT to make your own empire around something like “Space Elves” or just play one of the 23 starting Empires. Who do I want?

I kind of like the Navigators starting with two Colony Ships, better ship range, and better anomaly research, but they are progressive like mine. They don’t start with a Probe., But 2k cash. The Archaens are neutral Traditionalists that were allies to Humans normally. The Altarians that almost beat me are Egalitarians that play into that infrastructure. They have Empathy as a trait. Torians are collectivist ex-slaves that are fertile, unwavering and Collective. The Krynn are a unique collection of religious different species. They are Individualist like Terrans. Devout and Bureaucrats traits. They start with 1500 like my Phalenoids Advance.

Navigators – Don’t have Probe, 2 Colonies, 2 k cash, Probe Starters investigate anomalies like Flags, better anomaly research, progressive, +3 Int, -1 Diligence, Social

Krynn –
1.5k, Individualist, Devout, Bureaucrats, not a race

Altarian – Empathy, Egalitarian, 1.5k cash, +6 social, Ancient, -1 Resolve,

Torian – Ex-Slave, Collectivist, Fertile, Unwavering, Ocean World, Collective, +1 Growth and Foodcost, 1.5k cash

Archeans – Traditionalists, pro-military, Neutral, -1 Social, +3 Resolve, 1.5k. Loyal and Vigilant traits

Or an AI like “Vampire Samurai from the Stars” or something similar.

What do I like? I’m really feeling the Navigators and Krynn. Both have culture traditions I already did in Individualist (Terran) or Progressive (Phalenoids Advance). If I wanted to try something else I could do the Altarian’s Egalatarian or Torian’s Collectivists or Archeans’ Traditionalists. Or I could change the Navigators to Pacifism or else. Which do I feel would be best to win a Prestige game like I did in the Quick Start rather than by war? So “Vampire Samurai “or Krynn or Navigators?

I do have the first expansion purchased too, by the by…

Here are your winning conditions:

Conquest – Be the last one standing
Prestige - This is what I did in the Quick Game. Get a score of 100%
Time – Have the highest score when the game ends
Influence Victory – This is an option too.
Dip – Have an Alliance with all remaining powers

Since this is my first non-Quick Game, I’ll take Krynn or the Ascendancy rather than making my own.

Here’s what the AI Generated:

I like the Voidborne Clan concept. The game gave them the traits of +2 Brutal, -1 Clever, +1 Deceptive and Persuasive, Merciless and Expansionist traits, Totalitarian culture. I like them, and I save them for later. I also upload them to Steam’s workshop.

Alright, Krynn or Navigators? Let’s try Krynn since it’s a unique alliance and then will not give me progressive back to back empires.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-03-2024 at 11:15 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote