View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 07:13 AM   #248
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I think women's basketball has to be the worst officiated sport on TV.

I've railed against this multiple times here and to anyone I talked to about it when Mack was playing. Girls basketball is horribly officiated. It's basically rugby on wood. It's why she didn't play in college because she received so many injuries and concussions from playing middle and high school that she didn't think she'd make it in college.

They treat girls as if they are physically unable to play in the same manner the guys game is officiated. So they just let them beat the shit out of each other. In high school, no joke, each game is basically 2 refs letting 90% of fouls go until there's a pile of girls on the floor fighting over the ball and then they call jump ball. This happens at least 2 dozen or more times a game, on average.

If they would just officiate the game the right way, the girls will adjust. Will it be as asethetically pleasing as the guys game? No, it won't. They also play at the same 10 foot rim as the guys despite the physical differences, so that doesn't help in comparisons. But it will be a way better product than the shit on the court now.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-26-2024 at 07:14 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote