View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 01:42 PM   #30
Emmett13
Mascot

2041 graduations and departures

This was the end of my first recruiting class at Oklahoma State, and it ended up being an important one that played a lot of minutes. Three posts and a pg named Rene Ross that was cut after the first year.

Our graduates

Troy Moss, 6'9", 230, Coppell, Texas

An excellent career, he was steady every season. His main flaw was that he was a bit undersized and wasn't exactly a great defensive anchor under the basket. I thought his athleticism might get him a look in the pros, but it doesn't seem like that will be the case.

Christian Hannah, 6'9", 236, Denton, Texas

I had higher hopes for him when he signed on, thinking he was going to be a strong outside shooter and have the ability to pass the ball. I think he was just too poor of an athlete at this level, and his shooting never came around. Did provide a decent offensive punch off the bench.

Khadre Thurman, 6'7", 227, Pearland, Texas

Probably lucked out with getting a starting spot for us. Didn't score, didn't rebound much, but he had great defensive ratings, and I was happy to have a low volume guy fill in at the 4. But, it probably isn't a coincidence that the less he played the better we did.

And an unexpected transfer

Aaron ONeal, 6'8", 196, Deer Park, Texas

3 year starter, 2 time all-conference member, Aaron ONeal decided he didn't like his teammates and he wanted to move on. He was a really solid guard, but he had some flaws. He would have been a starter yet again, but his decision to move on really didn't end up hurting at all. He went on to St. John's who is a lower level Big East school and he struggled mightily in a new system.

Last edited by Emmett13 : 03-22-2024 at 01:43 PM.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote