View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 11:36 AM   #365
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
Fields would be awesome in the Taysom Hill role. But he's not the guy that can throw it 30+ times and win a game. Either his field vision is bad or his processing time. The reason doesn't actually matter. You can watch the film and see the result. Teams that needed a QB passed on him. Maybe the price was too high. (Poles isn't the brightest bulb.) That says a lot. Mike Tomlin's a very good coach, imo. Let's see if the Steelers pick up Fields' 5th year option by May 2. That will say even more about how the league feels.

Commentary like this seem to indicate that Fields alone was the problem as if Andy Dalton, Trevor Siemien, Nathan Peterman, Nick Foles, and Tyler Bagent all were not right there to lead the Bears to their deserved glory with a juggernaut team and yet none of them were able to do so. That is my only point. Fields and Fields alone is not the reason the Bears were not successful while he was there.

Because I mentioned Geno, I just googled reasons why Geno failed with the Jets. Here is what popped up.

https://thejetpress.com/2016/01/26/n...-smith-failed/

5. Offensive line
4. Less than adequate wide receivers
3. He did it to himself
2. Bad Coaching
1. It starts at the top

That article was written right after Geno's 4th and final season with the Jets. From what I can tell, that seems like the same exact list Bears fans would have for the Fields era. The only difference is Fields was a first round pick that was traded up for him while Geno was a 2nd rounder. Fields has a great deal to learn in order to have a career like Geno has had. No one would have said that Smith would be a ten year vet and starting games for a playoff contender in year ten back when that article was published. I hope the same can be said for Fields
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote