View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 11:05 PM   #219
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Can someone explain what the issues are with his dad? I have heard he is handling Caleb's draft in a similar way as Archie Manning''s handling of Eli's and that has been seen as a positive. On the other hand, I have heard he is the NFL's version of Lavar Ball and that is obviously seen as a negative. I had to google "Caleb Williams father" to find out what he looks like and that his first name is Carl. That alone makes the comparison to Lavar Ball seem outlandish.

The short of it is most of the negative comments that have come from Williams' camp, not wanting to play in Chicago, wanting ownership, going back to college if he doesn't go where he wants, etc, have been attributed to the dad. From reports, he's a protective dad who's trying to steer his son to glory.

Caleb, on the other hand, has been said to have his own voice and has not corroborated any of the comments made by his dad. It appears that he'd like to play for the Commanders, but h's more interested in going #1 and winning. He'll play where he's drafted.

The dad is more Lavar-lite; a little bit more than your average dad and probably more akin to protective dads of top high school talents going into college.

Last edited by rjolley : 03-11-2024 at 11:06 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote