View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 07:06 PM   #62
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Dropbox - 1976 new schedule.zip - Simplify your life

For those interested, I created a 28_6_14 schedule file. I didn't like how the 28_6_16 file had a bye week, and as I thought of ways to improve it, I decided I also didn't like how the NFL schedules anyway. Here's the highlights of my 28_6_14:

1. I only have one preseason game. I wanted to get rid of all of them, but whenever I had none, the dates got all messed up. It's all AFC vs. NFC based on standings from the previous year. AFC East #1 plays NFC East #1, AFC Central #1 plays NFC Central #1, AFC West #1 plays NFC West #1, and so on. AFC West #5 plays NFC Central #5. One year is all AFC teams hosting, next year is all NFC teams hosting.

2. Weeks 2-14 are a round-robin within each conference. This means that teams don't play their division rivals twice in a season like usual. Division games are still important for tiebreakers and essentially a double effect on the standings, plus they're all pushed to the end as much as possible, which should make them more interesting (and strong division rivalries are at the very end). It also means there's less chance of a rematch in the Super Bowl (unless it's from Week 1).

3. Week 1 is an AFC-NFC rivalry week. Some of these rivalries make sense and seem like a lot of fun, some don't and are just created to fill the schedule.
Baltimore Colts-Washington Redskins
Philadelphia Eagles-Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns-Detroit Lions
New England Patriots-Green Bay Packers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Miami Dolphins
St. Louis Cardinals-Kansas City Chiefs
Chicago Bears-Cincinnati Bengals
Seattle Seahawks-New Orleans Saints
New York Jets-New York Giants
Oakland Raiders-San Francisco 49ers
Buffalo Bills-Atlanta Falcons
Dallas Cowboys-Houston Oilers
Los Angeles Rams-San Diego Chargers
Minnesota Vikings-Denver Broncos

4. The rotation is pretty simple, everyone plays the same team each week, flipping home and away. I may make it so that it gets mixed up every so often, but this was kind of a pain, so it might be a while. Also, Baltimore plays 4 away games in a row, Kansas City plays 3 home games in a row, and there may be others. I tried to make it so a team never played home or away more than twice in a row, but gave up. I might try fixing that later, too. It's something that looks annoying, but probably doesn't matter in terms of FOF gameplay.

5. Only 4 teams in each conference make the playoffs -- the three division champs and one wild card. If you want the 10, it's easy to change that.

There's also a default_teams and a league_info file included. They're both needed to get the 28_6_14 schedule to work. You'll also need to edit your xxxx_info file and add 28_6_14 to the schedule field. I called the zip file a 1976 schedule, but I think you can use it any year.

Just a note -- The game crashes a lot when I use these files whenever I try to sim through a whole season with one click. I would suggest saving often and simming one day at a time using the check box on the sidebar as much as possible.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 03-11-2024 at 07:22 PM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote