View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 02:45 PM   #175
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Of course with Wilson, you're also getting a QB who is well into his 30s. I know I know, Brady. But I saw a graphic on SB appearances by exp of QB, and the vast majority of them were guys with I think 8 years or fewer in the league. Brady and Manning were the big outliers. (Elway too if you go back far enough.)

I can't find it now, but age is a good enough proxy, I guess: Super Bowl Starting QBs | Pro Football Hall of Fame
I don't buy into to that. For one, it is like the very definition of small sample size. Because Brady has been in so many Super Bowls if you take his appearances out then you make that sample size even smaller. You basically had someone blocking out other quarterbacks from half the equation a couple a decades. Then you have Stafford just doing it two years ago. Then Peyton, Kurt Warner (at 37!). I'm not sure if Eli, Brees or Ryan were still within their first 8 years, but they were 31. The 30's barrier isn't really much of a barrier for Super Bowls. Even as look further back there are 31+ year olds making it pretty consistently.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote