View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 03:28 PM   #55
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I've been using these files and starting in 1976. A couple things I've noticed:

1. A lot of players seem like they are only on 1-year contracts. Maybe that's true to the time, but most players were out of contract by 1977. There were four teams that had 0 players under contract when the 1977 year began. Not necessarily a huge deal, since they have a chance to sign their out-of-contract players again before anyone else can. But I'm not sure the AI is aggressive enough to do that.

2. Most teams were way below the cap as 1977 started. Somewhat a function of the fact that so few players were under contract, but also, the amounts that players were asking for didn't seem to sync up with the salary cap. The number in the 1976_info file is 1000, and that gets the $100M cap the game has, but $100M seems like too much given what salary everyone asks for.

I'll have to take a look. The way I did the years was I looked at how long the player was on the team for. So if you're using a 1977 file and a player didn't play in 78 or were on a different team, they would have a 1 year contract. If they were on the same team until say 85 they would have a 5 year contract.

As far as the overall salaries, I had scaled it against talent. So the most talented team would have a total salary of ~100 million, but that's the most talented team ever. The salaries are then scaled by their individual rating, so a 9 overall would have a much higher salary than a 1 overall. Same with experience, a veteran would have a higher salary than a rookie. I'll have a think on how to scale the salaries better, I would agree that it's a bit low. It wasn't an issue in previous versions, but seems to be more of a deal here.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote