View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 11:27 AM   #307
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
As players seemingly don’t get subbed in/out when tired, instead being forced onto the field play after play just because they are in that formation in the depth charts, do you think it is better:
  1. To have your best players in as much as possible, regardless of whether they are listed in red on the depth charts
  2. To work your depth charts so players are not highlighted in red to ensure you always have fresh players on the field, even if it means your best players aren’t always in every formation?

I really can't get my head around the depth charts: it seems like the AI just sticks the best players in all formations on offense, tiredness be damned, and the AI coaches never seem to think to pull a player for a couple of plays to catch their breath like they do IRL: they just push the tired player out play after play

If the AI doesn't care about putting players in every formation, what's the point of the whole tiredness system? FOF7's backups and playing time percentages made so much more sense to me

I really want to like FOF9, and the scouting of draftees is so much better, compensatory picks are great. But with this, not being able to see the draft board updating in real time, zero flexibility in trading, and a near-complete lack of feeling like there is a football league happening around you, I'm struggling TBH

Last edited by AlexB : 03-02-2024 at 12:20 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote