View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 09:23 AM   #302
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Has anyone checked when the last time you can extend contracts? Both saved careers I have aren't in-season, but I'm thinking you might not have to do it before Week 1 now. Can anyoone verify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I just simmed forward to test. You can now extend players all the way up to the bowl. Woot!

I'm trying this now -- it's right before the bowl, and I'm seeing who I can extend contracts for. I'm already over the cap, but I thought there may be guys I can extend who will ask for less in current year that's about to end, and I can keep them under contract for next year. A couple things:

1. The game seems to be letting me extend players who are asking for MORE of a cap hit in the current year. It feels like I shouldn't be allowed to do that. In previous versions I'm sure you couldn't.

2. The game never seems to care that I'm over the cap. I have the staff set to make minor decisions, and I'm usually just under the cap when the season starts, then as players get put on IR, the staff signs players who put me over the cap. I keep checking the event logs to see if I ever get a penalty, but it never happens. Does anyone know if it's okay to be over the cap at this point, if IR is involved (maybe this is some way to simulate a practice squad)? I think previous versions only calculated the cap hit of your top 53 players. Is that what should be happening here, and if so, should the roster screen not indicate that I'm over the cap?
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote