View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 08:25 PM   #201
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdub2 View Post
I really dont think the new FOF9 interface is much more difficult than OOTPs. I dont understand where all the complaints for FOF9 come from when OOTPs UI is just as dense and click-demanding but its praised as a shining example of good sports sim UI...

The average person under the age of 40 is not interacting with anything that looks remotely like FOF 9, be it the interface or the design. That's the miss, IMO. Add in the modern attention span, and this is why we're seeing negative reviews. It's unfortunate, but it should not be surprising.

The game is good, even without MP, but I'm 44 and have played the game for close to 25 years. Most new people to the series won't give it a chance, and certainly not many in a younger demographic (although that could be said about most sport sims today, I would imagine).

To use an example that a lot of us are probably familiar with outside of sports sims...look at TurboTax. Taxes suck, are super boring, and just a bunch of numbers. But the interface makes sense. It flow. It's actually a bit pretty even in places.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote