View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 10:22 AM   #51
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay... I'll try to add something useful here. The last regime was unwilling to "eat their vegetables" and commit to unexciting spots like the OL (until last draft). So, let's have a look at the state of the OL right now... 2023 performance ratings from PFF:

(the three ratings visible are overall offense, then pass block, run block)

Here's the OTC analysis of our cap/contract situation:
Arizona Cardinals Salary Cap | Over the Cap

So, from that I take away:

T Parris Johnson is still penciled in as a long term asset, first year was okay, tackles tend to put it together in years 2-4, so... one spot down.

Veteran DJ Humphries, 30, sadly trimmed from the screenshot, sorry, rated just barely better than Johnson. Mediocre grade for a guy who's considered solid. $23m cap number for 2024. I think it's in play either to consider him part of the short term plan, or to explore moving him and getting younger, especially in a deep OT draft.

C Froholdt, 27, is a standard replacement-level IOL, making $3.8m next year and probably worth it, at least on a roster with a ton of other needs. So, keeper, I reckon.

RG Hernandez kinda similar... performance last year was solid, but he's costing $5.3m next year. Open to arguments either way here.

LG feels wide open. Wilkinson and Colon were both subpar, and are both free agents. If we keep both C and RG occupied by known quantity veterans, then maybe a 3rd/4th round pick at guard makes sense for us?

Last edited by QuikSand : 02-06-2024 at 10:22 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote