View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 09:29 PM   #253
Flasch186
Coordinator

I feel bad for me 4 years ago

Aiden finally might see some light at the end of the tunnel but only after giving more flesh.

This past winter Aiden earned himself a Wednesday work day (which is basically to pick up trash after school) for forgetting his dress shirt on dress up day. The problem was that when he was confronted about it he tried to make light of it in the hopes of skating by… he didn’t and they took it as disrespect although he says that wasn’t his intention but instead to lighten the mood so he’d get in less trouble.

Then the school schedule never worked out and the day he was scheduled it he missed school for the double flu. When he got back he reminded the Dean that he missed the Wednesday work day. By being honest the Dean told us that he was waiving it.

Fast forward to the dick drawing episode and the Dean reinstated the Wednesday work day. Feels arbitrary but Aiden bright it on himself and I have no leverage to argue and neither does he.

Where it gets worse is that this Wednesday is a scrimmage and he will have to miss it for the Wednesday work day. He’s going to let his coach know tomorrow but it’s pretty evident he’s still in the dog house. This won’t help but hopefully he can do what I told him to which is to approach the coach after history class and talk to him about the past event that earned the work day, the present and the future with contrition respect and promise. In other words to use the moment to clear the air with the coach and lay the words out there that he’ll follow and pray that it is well received.

He seems to not be broken inside by this except for two days where I thought he literally may lose his passion for the school and coaches and baseball in some sort of depressed glaze but he seems to have gotten it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 02-05-2024 at 09:54 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote