View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 08:09 PM   #27
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Novak Djokovic (1-A, forehand, BACKHAND, volely, FOOTWORK, ENDURANCE, HARD COURT (-CLAY COURT, -GRASS COURT)

vs

Jo Wilfred Tsonga (3-A, FOREHAND, volley, footwork, endurance, savvy, hard court)

Note: I'd be ok if this one didn't go five sets after the dice rolling a thon that was the first quarter final!

Set 1: (Forehand-Backhand, Djokovic +1), Djokovic TRAILS 5-3, Result: Tsonga 6-3
Set 2: (Backhand-Endurance, Djokovic +3), Djokovic Leads 5-4, result: Djokovic 7-5
Set 3: (Footwork-Savvy, EVEN), Djokovic (Higher Seed) TRAILS 5-2, Result: Tsonga 6-4
Set 4: (forehand-Endurance, EVEN) Djopkovic TRAILS 5-1, Result: Tsonga 6-1

RESULT: Jo Wilifred Tsonga Defeas Novak Djokovic: 6-3, 5-7, 6-4, 6-1

Note: Um.. What the HELL just happened. Djokovic had advantage in all four sets (He was the higher tournament rated, so he got the higher seed bonus in even matchups, but apparently, he was way, way, WAY off his mental game. (For the Set rolls of: 5, 4, 4, 5) Just dug himself a hole that even Novak couldn't get himself out of, and this has to be considered the biggest upset in the tournament so far!

When Tsonga won the third set to take a 2-1 set lead, I was mentally preparing myself for another dice-roll-a-thon five set match, but nope. The Djoker had checked out at that point.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga advances to the semifinals to face Rafael Nadal. Just.. stunning upset.