View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 05:57 AM   #247
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Another observation:

I have been trying to find a happy middle ground with the CAP settings in a universe starting in 1970. I wanted to have teams with limited CAP space after they fill their rosters and to see if they would also limit some of the contracts they provided. An interesting thing happened though year in and year out over a 50 year season. The CAP remaining in this 26 team universe would range from a team having as much as 50%+ CAP available to a low of around 10%. What I am seeing is that this is very consistant. The numbers of players on contract do vary and the teams do float around as far as available CAP but the range seems to always remain close to the same. To add to it I found that reducing the CAP didn't seem to have much of an effect at all. I went from a starting CAP of 1750 and eventually reduced it to 850 and the range was always pretty much the same as noted above.

This just seems really odd to me. As if the AI contract management is doing some strange deals. I mean hell, in 2020 one team is paying Andy Dalton $43M!

Last edited by NawlinsFan : 01-15-2024 at 05:57 AM.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote