View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 09:17 AM   #476
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

September 1, 2030

The players on our call list begin to narrow down their choices in August.

Sam Marshall got the offer of his dreams from Boston College. Coach Erwin Gadson is a member of the 500-victory club, and the Eagles are one of a very small number of teams that have made the NCAA tournament field every year since this universe began. North Carolina is still on Sam's list, and we're his third choice. Is it time to move on?

We remain on Ezra Love's list, too, the fifth of five teams there and the only one from which he hasn't received a scholarship offer. Right now, Kentucky and Vanderbilt are in the best position to sign him.

Zach Cohen narrows his list to two: Lafayette and Villanova. He's apparently going to cross the Delaware River and play his college ball close to home.

Another player is moving up our list: 6'8" power forward Jonathan Taylor, from upstate New York.
Code:
Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 39 30 67 21 13 6 55 45 40 41 0 72 25 65 57 20 Potential: B C B D F F A B C B D A
JT hasn't been a big scorer in high school, averaging just under 9 PPG. He makes most of the shots he does take, however, and he possesses the other skills we look for in our bigs.
Code:
Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Current interest in Villanova: Very High Rankings: #36 Overall, #10 PF, East Region #9 Overall, East Region #2 PF High School Awards: All-State Top 5 Schools: *Providence, Villanova, *Boston College, *Syracuse, Georgetown
Jonathan likes us, too. I wonder if he'd choose a Villanova offer if he had one?

Now it's decision time. Sam Marshall expresses an Average amount of interest in playing for us. Ezra Love's interest is High, and both Zach Cohen and Jonathan Taylor are at Very High.

I think Sam's on his way to Boston. I wonder if knowing he wouldn't be able to step into the starting lineup at his preferred SF position as a freshman at Villanova makes a difference to him? We'd have the third-year version of Asher Wise at that spot. I checked Boston College's roster, and Sam is probably good enough to beat out the incumbent right now.

I decide to withdraw Marshall's offer. It was fun while it lasted. At least he won't be at another Big East school, tormenting us for the next few years.

I'm going to give the offer to Zach Cohen. Zach had us ranked ahead of Lafayette before the Leopards offered him. Is Villanova really his dream school? We're about to find out.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote