View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 08:52 PM   #121
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
FWIW, I don't think EPL officials are corrupt, I think they're suffering from a mixture of a) not being very good and b) the implementation of VAR warping their understanding of how to call a match.

From a fan's point of view, Part b just tells me you have weak minded officials which would lead to part a. Correct me if I am wrong but the only part of the on field officiating that has been adjusted for VAR are the assistant referees being told to delay putting up their flags for offsides. Other than that, I don't see why VAR would warp their understanding.

The expectations is for the on field officials to call the match and receive assistance from VAR. Take the incident from the City/Luton match this weekend. I also think it was a yellow, not a red for me. However, according to the EPL VAR rules, if the ref saw it, does not think it was a foul and most importantly is clear to everyone involved that he saw the incident clearly then that is that. The match official had the final say. It is also the reason VAR can only recommend actions outside of offsides
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote