View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023, 08:51 AM   #17
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley92 View Post
The numbers could be crucial. As I said the "starting file" back then could have a max of 2500 players, but even then it created a ton of fictionals when you started the game.
Later on those draft files all have around 800 players and that looked over the years as no fictional sneaked in unless a certain position was thin for that year. Often LS/K/P was an issue.

Question about how talented these 800 was might play in. But those draftfiles then looked a bit different and can those "numbers/ratings" be transfered to FOF0 csv files ?

When I made the draft files I rated players from a 0-9 following the typical talent ratings. I hope to do a big post on my methodology, it will actually bring some interesting historical debate, but I don't have time now. Anyways, for the old draft files they needed a number between 375 and 625 for each skill. I took a players base overall rating, or the rating I have for the skill if I rated it separately as the lowest it could be, so a 2 overall would start with a minimum of 425, the rest was determined by a (625 - base) * random number ^ n + base. So to answer your question, you could scale the results from the files over to the new rating range and they should scale properly.

I know the colleges were messed up, I'm guessing the hometowns are as well, since Jim has likely renumbered them.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote