View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 01:56 PM   #400
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

May 1, 2027

We learn that SF Douglas Dinkins has decided to transfer from our program. I feel a little bad for Douglas. A very solid, four-star player who ranked in the top 100 nationwide, he was recruited to Villanova by my predecessor. I had a hard time finding playing time for him; he's good, but he wasn't better than Bradley Christmas or Bruno Le Fleurquin, and his lack of interest in playing defense (D potential) makes him a less-than-perfect fit for our style. I'll play a guy like that, but only if he can score the ball like Joe Lien or Byron Shores. Douglas ends up signing with Michigan, and I wish him well in the Big Ten.

When I look at the list of players who are entering the portal, I don't see anyone who has much interest in playing for us. I spot the distinctive name of Herschel Middlebrooks, whom Coach Sims signed for Lafayette before he took the Villanova job. I offer Herschel a chance to play for Graham, but he turns it down and will instead play against us for West Virginia.

We don't end up signing any transfers, so I'll have an additional scholarship to offer a Class of '28 recruit.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote