View Single Post
Old 11-25-2023, 11:34 AM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

19 July – Now that I am out of war, I can hold court and I have a court event:

Court Event – Finger-Bones of a King
– A peddler arrives at court selling things like the Holy Lance. I decline and tell her to sell elsewhere.

I spend 100 prestige to Hold Court:

Petitioner #1 – Empty Coffers
– I am approached by Duke Lulach II who has come across bad times back home and is looking for me to help him out.

I have just two options:

1. Very Well – But You Owe Me- I gain a weak hook, spend 105 cash and then gain +20 relations.
2. Sorry But I Have no Money to Spare – I lose 20 relations

I choose to give the cash to keep relations good although we have +100.

Petitioner #2 – Addressing the Corruption
– Countess Ylva approaches from my new land. She seeks aid in helping put down bandits in her realm of Vestr Agdir.

I have three options this time, which will I choose:

1. I Can Give You Some Gold to Help the Problem – I spend 50 gold, raise relations by +20, which are back at -19
2. My Steward Can Give You Advice - +10 relations, I don’t spend anything.
3. You’re at Fault; Sort This Mess Out Yourself - -30 relations

I choose #1 and spend 50 to gain +20 relations with the Countess.

Petitioner #3 – An Unconventional Preacher –
Duke Goronwy approaches and complains about a preacher in our capital of Limerick since they are a woman, which is not allowed in our faith. Duke Morgan points out that the preacher isn’t saying anything new and that everything she is saying is Orthodox.

I have one more option this time too at four:

1. We Need More People to Spread God’s Word - +10 Duke Morgan, -10 Duke Goronwy, and my captial province of Thomond gets, for 15 years, “Preacher Loves by the People”
2. Throw This False Preacher Into Jail - -10 Duke Morgan, +10 Duke Goronwy, I toss her into jail, my capital gets ”Beloved Preacher Rejected” for 15 years.
3. I Wish to Employ her as my High Almoner - -10 Duke Goronwy, I hire Hildegard and spend 100 piety
4. If she can Teach Peasants Then she can be a Good Court Tutor – I hire Hildegard as my Court Tutor, and then spend 100 piety and -10 from Duke Goronwy here too.

I choose the first but annoying the Duke of Gwynedd may be rough. Our relations drop to +61 but we are Swaying him.

I ask for Wales’d Duchy of Deheubarth from the Papacy that was taken in one war from them. Take that we can take the Wales Kingship and the Brittania Title. This would pass down to my son. If approved this would cost 710 piety.

20 July – We get it!

I need to save cash for gifts after I die as I am 65.

2 Oct – Sway Scheme on Duke Goronwy works, I stay on him, we have +88 relations. Will he pull out of the Liberty faction?

5 Oct – Event – A Secret Exposed – My Spymaster comes to me with proof that Duke Goronwy of Gwynedd and his sister are…LOVERS! I can arrest the sister and drop relations with the Duke by 30 or not and raise them by 30. I choose to not and now we have +100 relations and hopefully will pull out of the faction against me.

I start Sway Scheming Duke Morgan of Circinn. Actually, we are at +87, so I Sway Duke Knutr

25 Nov – My Courtier in our family Philippa gives birth to a son named Muirchertach.

27 Feb, 1153 – The Liberty Faction has disbanded!

1 June – I am back to more than 500 cash at 514

2 Oct – Sway Scheme with Duke Knutr is done and I am now at +100 next is Duke Morgan

1 Jan, 1154 – I now have men of 5704 out of 5852 and cash of 634

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote