View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 11:38 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well, that was weird. It was like my loss against one province Powys and France when we and England were featuring more than 3k more troops. Who would have thought that us and England would have lost in that War for Liberty when we had 15k combined against 12k combined in that battle we lost bad that lost the war.

12 April – Gwynedd is at +62, hopefully they’ll win this one just like they did against England

19 May – Duke Goronwy is swayed with our latest Sway Scheme with relations of +59, next is Prince Michael of Scotland.

17 June – A stud Commander has arrived in my court as a Guest with 25 Marital and prowess. Do I want to hire him? He’s not showing up in my Bodyguard or Court Champion lists to hire as a Courtier. I like him, do I want to marry him into the family with a daughter and keep him? I could pay 178 to recruit him to my court. I only have 9 Knights and he’d be a stud. I do it, he’s awesome to keep around for land title later and young:

Knight Donncuan
- Age 25, stats of 11/25/12/2/12 – prowess of 25, background of Master Tactician, Straits of Brave, Ambitious and Patient, abilities of Reaver and Holy Reaver.

I can now hire him as a Personal Champion for 0.42/month or Bodyguard at .84/month with a role of good, but I am saving my cash for gifts after dying and war.

9 Oct – Event – The Lure of Language – Ruling over a multicultural nation is rough. Duke Goronwy suggests that if I learned Welsh I could get better relations with them I agree and then try to learn it.

27 Oct – Norway lost their War for Liberty with Duke of Halogaland. They have 1843 soldiers to our 5517 and their ally is a Duke in Sweden with 740 men. Norway is the defender in a war with Jamtaland with nothing happening. England has just 4756 troops but I could solo my war and then call in England later after they built up their forces. I could DOW them for the Orkneys, and then grab it now while they are distracted and down men. I have in cash just 338 so I would like more for a bigger war. But I am currently netting 17.1 after costs and would probably be fine cash wise with 5517.

I’ll wait a few months to get it higher than 400.

31 Oct – Event – Court Jester – Sunday Roast – I lose 18 stress after my Court Jester made fun of a Knight.

15 Dec – I unlock another Dip Perk and I grab Embassies which gives me boosted DIP score for each ally I have

10 Feb, 1147 – I have more than 400 cash at 407, but I have an Inspired Person. Who is it?

Katarina – W
ants to create a big book, sponsor just 50, I do it it’s pretty cheap. It’ll take around 14 months, I direct her to be about military stuff

I have a Court Event:

Court Event – Distrust of Friendship -
I am distrustful of the growing friendship of a guest and my daughter Beatrix.

I have four options:

1. I MUST Put a Stop to It - -10 relations with them, 47% chance their relations stay the same; 53% it grows.
2. I Should Encourage their Bond – 63% chance we get +20 relations and their relationship improves, 37% -20 since they don’t like my meddling.
3. Whatever it May Be, I’ll Stay Out – No changes in our relations
4. I’ll Banish the Guest – I lose 6 grandeur, drop relations with Beatrix, gain the inhospitable host for 5 years trait

I choose to encourage it their relationship deepens

10 April – Bad News! King William II of Normandie has passed and with him our alliance! Our new ruler is King Guy who is his grandson who is just 5 years old. I don’t want a long-term ally although we are 60 so that’s probably not happening long anyway. I reach out to England to extend our alliance, it is possible?

26 April – Prince Michael of Scotland that ruled Circinn has passed. His successor:

Duke Morgan – age of 36, relations of +12, I start a Sway Scheme on him, Catholic, Gaelo-Scots, stats of 20/10/10/6/9 prowess of 3, background of Charismatic Negotiator, Chaste, Fickle and Just traits.

1 May – Inspiration Event – A Vassal to Remember – I agree to dedicate my work to Dukes Gospatric III and Murchad. I gain 50 relations with them

Looks like Gwynedd won their war.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote