View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 03:10 PM   #30
BrixtonFC
n00b

vs. Cray Valley, 3 May 2014
Starting Formation: 4-4-2 Control
Starting 11: Mellor, Walker, Mumba, Osborne, Miles, Ward, Egan, Smith, Blair, Allan, West
Subs: Metcalf, Kinniburgh, McMath, Lamont, Murdoch

This 2-0 hammering business stuff needs to stop. At least there is some variance in the game: Allan doesn’t score. Matter of fact, his form is only 6.7 and he gets yanked after 64 minutes and Murdoch gets his first match. Unregardless™, Miles gets his first PoM award along with his first career goal, a powerful header from about 12 yards out that went through loads of traffic. West’s goal comes from the 18-yard line after the teams play give-away for exactly a minute. It was like nobody wanted to play football properly. Oh well, it was nice to get a league home game in and the 1,300 fans certainly helped out the bottom line. Our profit for the season is down to £30,000 now.

And true to my word, I did some rotation. Mellor gets a League start! Kinniburgh and Metcalf also get their debuts.

The Week Between
Well, it looks like I was a little off on who would get the first international call-up. It’s “White” Walker! Northern Ireland have three matches to qualify for the Euro U19 Championship against Israel, Switzerland, and Germany. Do well, Walker, and come back healthy! (Matches are 12, 14 and 17 May.) He’ll miss our final League match of the season but should be Fully Fit for the FA Vase Final.

May 10th was another hole in our fixture list so I again arranged a friendly with a Premier League U21 team near Brixton; this time versus Fulham. It was another 2-0 win for us but this time it wasn’t a “hammering!” But is brought out 1,251 fans into the London rain and we made a whopping £653! We now only have £12.7 million in the bank. Bowerman scores the two goals, 8 minutes apart half-way through the first half. It’s kind of weird how I’m playing a Control mentality but we get a lot of launches from deep. McMaths launches from about half way into our territory to about half way into Fulham territory where Allan heads the ball over the head of the Centreback trying to outrace Bowerman, who buries it from the 18-yard line. Second goal is off a simple Allan cross from inside the big box to Bowerman who has an easy header from two yards out.

Sunday, 11 May sees a whole slew of coaches, seven in all, start coaching course, all covered by the club.

Walker gets 50 minutes in his first international, getting an assist with a 7.6 match rating against Israel. Pretty damn respectable for a debut. I don’t have this competition set to a high amount of detail but it looks like he played as a left Central Midfielder in a 4-4-2. I also notice for the first time that he’s drawing attention from a club. It’s Hamilton Academical in the Scottish Championship.
BrixtonFC is offline   Reply With Quote