View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023, 09:44 AM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Did you notice my cash is still around 500 post war? I am almost dead so I won’t spend recklessly until I die for gifts post death. My armies are currently at 3586 out of 5114. I need to use my weak hook before I die, what do I want to remake our feudal contract to? I can slide to taxes and drop relations by 15 and then make 0.4 more monthly, or levies and from 429 to 669 - I want to do taxes but we already modified them once in his life and cannot again. So that won’t survive us to the next one and I cannot use it.

I got every place in Scotland save for one Duchy with our alliance with England. I might be able to take out the last one in solo mode if not allied. Ideally, we’d do that final war before our alliance ends and then take out whatever ally they might have, but I am in my mid-60s and then that alliance would end with one of our deaths. I would need tons of prestige to DOW them and then call in England on if we both survive. That’s 850 total and I have 870 and am about to hold court. They have troops equal to 2242 and are allied to Northumbria with 2875 troops in England and then our Duke of Galloway my grandson Duke Elair so I doubt they would join and with me rocking 5114 I’d need an ally to beat their 5k troops and ideally England if neither of us dies.

I spend 100 prestige to Hold Court:

Petitioner #1 – Merging of Cultural Identities – I’ve had this event before with Irish and Gaelic and us wanting to show Irish is the best, this time its Countess Ynes and Welsh. I choose the final option again to do nothing to show our betterness

Petitioner #2 – A Hero of the Frontier –
We get another event where a peasant really has done great things and my nobility don’t want us to do too much to reward him. I pay 220 cash to reward him and then gain 75 prestige. That’s a lot of cash I may want to hold off on the next war for a while.

Petitioner #3 - A Call to War
– We’ve had this one before where one of my guests wants us to DOW a local foe and then they’ll become our vassal. This happened with Powys if you’ll recall. This time it’s with Circinn, and since I just spend 220 cash I don’t want to wage war now or until I finish rebuilding my troops. I choose the peace option.

It looks like the Earl of Katanes is the firstborn son of a mainland Duchy of Norway, and if he gains the title we’ll lose that county.

I negotiate alliances with two Duchies that we are related to outside of my realm.

28 Jan - We ally with Ancona and Mearns

8 July – Sway Scheme with Countess Forbliath is successful we have a relations of +62! I move to +16 Duke Murchad of Connacht

7 Sept – I unlock another Learning Perk but there is nothing left to take!

16 Sept – Our vassal Duke Murchad of Connacht arrive to renew our vows, I bring him in and get that cash and prestige and renown – I now have 1036 prestige enough for war and peace with Circinn. My cash is 468.

9 Oct - I have a Court Event:

Court Event – The Unknown High King –
I’ve had this before too where one of my courtiers doesn’t know my identity. What do I do? I can spend 110 to gain 6 grandeur and 75 renown, or yeah, I do that, o spend the 110 cash to make myself a great host!

That gives me renown of 1782 and I need 1750 for my next Dynasty Boost – What do i want this time?

Options:

Erudition Level 2 - +10% monthly piety, +5 clergy opinion

Customs Level 2 - +1 Learn Languages, +30% Cultural Assimilation

Warfare Level 2 - -20% CB Claims, and then boosts to pursuit and fleeing

Law Level 1 - +5 opinion, -30% Hunt and Feast Cost

I choose Law

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote