View Single Post
Old 11-18-2023, 08:55 AM   #567
QuikSand
lolzcat

It is completely cliche for MUT theme teamers to constantly complain that their franchise of choice is being ignored, and that ______ or ______ are just "getting all the good cards."

Well, I definitely feel that way with the Chargers, tbh. They have been releasing Legends cards and All-Madden cards since the game came out this year. The complete total of Chargers through those two programs: 87 LB Junior Seau and a couple weeks ago a 91 RT Jon Runyan. If I look at another franchise I feel like they have gotten 4-5-6-7 cards from these programs, generally.

Anyway, today's Legends drop includes a guy who can get Chargers chemistry, but who won't aid in my feelings of alienation. It's 92 TE John Mackey, a Colts legend, whom I think took a year at the end of his career to join Unitas with the Chargers.

But TE is about the least useful place to land a high end card, both short term (we have 90 Parham, 88 Everett, and 85 Henry right now, basically our most solid position depth anywhere)... and long term (where Antonio Gates should be coming at some point, and possibly also Kellen Winslow).

Meanwhile, the team that brought you Ladainian Tomlinson and Austin Ekeler, among others, sits with the worst starting/backup RB situation of any NFL franchise for months and months. No WR2/3 to speak of. Desert on the DL. Awful setup overall, it feels like.

But yeah, sure, a 4th MLB and a 4th TE, great great.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote