View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 05:06 PM   #143
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimaginative View Post
Another thought on coaching changes that I've noticed as I'm playing.

First off--the AI really oughta change coordinators more often. My league right now is in 2029, and a majority of teams still have the same coordinators they began the game with, through multiple head coaches and some DISASTEROUS years on the coordinators side of the ball. These long tenured coordinators often are not particularly good coordinators, either--but they stick around forever. Hiring a new HC should come with new coordinators more often than not, and coordinators who regularly oversee poor offenses/defenses shouldn't stick around for a decade.

I've been having a lot of feelings about the way coaching works in FoF right now; I might start a thread another time to talk about thoughts on how the system could be deepened and/or made more dynamic/engaging, even just as a thought exercise. Right now, it's been one of the more (re; only) disappointing parts of the new release for me.

A lot of coaches in RL are probably good at what they do (I have no idea but I’d guess so). I’d also think that players either buy into what the coach/coordinator is doing or they don’t. Might be a feature of their overall ratings. Player confidence. Street cred. Adaptability. Whatever. Another hidden reality is that coaches and coordinators get fired by the fan base. Maybe that’s why FOF9 doesn’t fire anybody. The AI fans don’t intimidate the AI or human owners.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote