View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 03:36 PM   #106
Cole
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

My guess is the guy(s) you are looking at were strong in motivation and discipline, so they're immediately hired as head coaches. And I assure you that as long as the game works this way, that's what you WANT the AI to do, so the game will be more challenging: hire the absolute best HC candidate as a HC. And the best HC candidate isn't the guy who has been a solid OC for 6 years; the best HC candidate is the guy with the highest ratings in the key categories.

Are staff ratings stagnant or do they change ? I guess best way to potentially have OC/DC candidates become good coaching candidates is if initial ratings adjust over time/with experience …. To simulate fewer staff members starting as HC, staff members I presumed would start with lower ratings that would build over time, with the occasional new staff member who shows up elite/fully developed.

In this case I looked at every single staff member with a coaching win after 50 simmed seasons and none of them came from other jobs first. So if this was a mechanic in past games it’s either not working or not there anymore. This was a 24 team league, if that makes a difference.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote