View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 06:25 AM   #93
Cole
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I suspect that there's sort of a "muscle memory" sort of thing at work here. It probably has to do with the fact that the ratings color scheme has worked that way for, I think, over 20 years (probably FOF4) I remember when combines were first given colors...probably in FOF2K4, maybe FOF2K7. People squawked about red being "good" then...but having done it that way for 15-20 years, you don't hear complaints about it any more because a lot of folks are just used to it.
To give another example of this sort of "gaming muscle memory," I've angered a number of players/agents in FOF9 because the "Yes" and "No" buttons switched sides when confirming an offer to a free agent. I just reflexively click on the button to the left to confirm, because that's what I've done forever...even though it's clearly marked as "No."

Good perspective from someone who has been around the game a lot longer than I, thanks.

I genuinely questioned if it was a bug at first, since the color schemes in the game not matching each other, and red = good are two things that both don't seem super logical. But I suppose I'll adapt.

It would be a nice compromise if this was somehow editable or customizable, but I presume not.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote