View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 03:57 PM   #26
BrixtonFC
n00b

The Week Between

We signed another player after the transfer window closed so he won’t actually join the team until 6 June.

Richie McConachie
Richie McConachie, DC (Stars: 2.5/5.0) This Scottish wonder is going to have a long stay with us. At 16 he’s already got a 13 Heading and Jumping Reach, and 16 Natural Fitness. He’s two-footed and I envision him as my DC c in a 3-centerback formation.

I guess this is a good time to talk about my scouts. The board won’t allow me to scout beyond the UK and Ireland so I have my four scouts rotate around the four countries until they have full knowledge of each. I probably won’t be able to scout outside this area until we reach the Championship so despite being allowed up to 7 scouts, right now I’m just rocking with 5; the 4 roamers and 1 Chief Scout, who scouts the next opposition.

On 3 April the board offers me a new contract. I’m currently making £950 and they’ve given me a £31,000 weekly budget. (Sugar Daddies are great! But I may have overpowered things by making mine the Foreground variety.) I don’t go hogwild because I really don’t deserve a new contract having simmed for so long. I now make £1,000 per week. They’ve upped the weekly budget by £1,200 but I’m currently only spending £3,800. The advantage of having nothing but a bunch of teens on the team, I suppose.

At Ashford, 5 April 2014
at Ashford, 5 April 2014

Starting Formation: 4-4-2 Control
Starting 11: Madley, Walker, Mumba, Osborne, Miles, Ward, McMath, Smith, Dunne, Allan, Bowerman
Subs: Mason, Bodin, Walker, Barness, Hill, Egan

It’s our first away game since I “took over” but the result remains the same. Mumba from just inside Ashford territory launches a long ball to the right wing where Ward awaits to send a short pass to Allan, who has an easy shot. The second goal also comes from the right where Allan gets a pass from Ward who sends it to the far post for an easy header by Bowerman. We catch Ashford sleeping for the third goal, hitting them with a counter-attack with only four passes: McMath-Ward-McMath-Bowerman. Bowerman hits a screamer from just inside the arc that just clears the goalkeep’s outstretched hands to go into the upper right corner. After that I slow things down and just try to kill time. Ashford gets off four shots all game but none of them are on target.

Not only has Allan scored in every game, he’s been the one to draw first blood each time. Also of note is that we’ve only had two yellow cards so far. I was worried that youthful exuberance would lead to more so I’m very pleased on that front. And one more note, no major injuries so far!
BrixtonFC is offline   Reply With Quote