View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 11:07 AM   #151
MarkRidings
n00b

After some more time with the game, I'm really liking it, and will like it more once it's patched a couple times.

As far as the UI goes, I still like it better than FOF8 (and remember we are always grading the UI for this series on a pretty low bar). Once I figured where everything was, it's pretty easy for me to get the info I want.

My one real complaint, and it's not a big one I guess, but I want more information. The strength of this game has never been the UI, but the simulation engine and the stats it generates. So I WANT ALL THE STATS!

It's better this iteration. I really like the Game Book. But as an example, we have the drive charts in the Game Book, but I'd like to see that in the team stats page, where I can see how teams rank in points per drive, % of drives scoring (and inverse, defense of this), avg starting point etc.

I love the air yds stats on receivers, but I'd like to see more detail. Like YAC, in the individual stats we can't see YAC/reception.

It's nitpicking, but if the strength of this game is the stats, and its appeal to stats junkies (like most of us are), then don't hold anything back on this front.

As an aside on this, let us export csv again (or help us decode the .dat files). This give Jim the advantage of not having to come up with everything, and the community could develop tools to view advanced stats. Though I would want more than just basic stats in the csv. I'd want drive/play-by-play/formation information as well

Just my 2cents. Either way, I'm enjoying the games quite a bit.
MarkRidings is offline   Reply With Quote