View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 08:23 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1123 - I use my weak hook with Aed VII to modify our Feudal Contract increase taxes and drop relations by 15 but my tax will rise by 0.2

15 Mar – Event – King Michael’s Friendship – The King of Scotland keeps trying to raise our relations and is sending me gifts and such, but we think his intentions may not be pure. I refuse him and lose 5 relations.

22 June – My granddaughter-in-law has given birth to a granddaughter named Máiread.

14 July – I can get another Learning Perk and I take the next one in Medicine called Carefree that drops stress gains by 20%

29 Aug – I spend 150 cash to upgrade our Towers in my captial – see you in 21 months this time too!

30 Oct – Sway Scheme on the Duke of Gwynedd fails, I do it again

26 Nov – We enter the High Medieval Period and new innovations are available for Irish.

16 Aug, 1124 – The Countess of Leinster Cnes arrives and wants to reup our vows, I agree and we get the normal stuff.

16 Sept – It’s been 5 years since I last held court!

I spend 100 prestige and hold court again:

Petitioner #1 – A Hero of the Frontier –
A Peasant hero has been rallying and fighting against Norse raiders and such, and has become a big name with the peasants. He approaches, named Duban - my nobles advise not elevating Duban above his station. What do I do?

I have four options:

1. You Shall Be Rewarded For Your Bravery – I pay him 90, he becomes a Knight, but my other Knights relations drop 15 each
2. A True Hero Deserves a Great Reward – I hand him a county in the Duchy of Moray, this annoys the Duke there, we get a strong hook with him. All vassals lose 10 opinion, the Duke -40, they become rivals with each other.
3. You Shall be Honored as the Hero you Are – I pay him 180 cash, I lose stress since I am just, I gain 75 prestige
4. You are an Impertinent Little Peasant – I gain 64 stress, +15 relations from my courtiers.

I like 1 and 3. We have elevated low born Knights before at the request of my Martial or domain rulers. Or I could give him 180 cash and gain that prestige and lose stress since I am just. What do you like here? I do 3.

Petitioner #2 – The Monster of Buchan – I hear from a peasant that a wolf is butchering locals in Buchan. He wants me to bring a Hunt there.

I can do a few things:

1. Hire Some Hunters Yourself – I pay him 90 cash and gain 75 prestige.
2. I Shall Fell This Beast Myself – I head out hunting
3. That Sounds Like YOUR Problem – I gain monster hunting there for 10 years

I choose number one even though I just handed out 180

Petitioner #3 – Spoiled for Choice
– Two courtiers want my ward’s hand in marriage (Nuala) the Mayor of Earl Domnall and then the Earl Fuirechtach.

I have four options:

1. You have my Blessing Mayor Aedan – They marry, I lose 10 relations with the Earl.
2. Well, the Earl was First – They marry, I lose 10 with the Mayor.
3. Nuala is Very Captivating – I marry her, I lose 75 cash and 20 relations with both.
4. I Am the High King, not a Matchmaker – I gain 10 court grandeur, lose 5 relations with both

I choose the final option and Nuala will choose to marry whom she wants to of her suitors. She chooses the Earl.

I end the High Court session, see you in 5!!!

20 Sept – Our Grandeur rises to level 8!

13 Dec – Event – Stone of Glass – I get a headache while trying to read my stuff. I call on aid from glasses.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote