View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 11:06 AM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I disband my armies.

I now have De Jure claims against Norway to our north with their two provinces in the Duchy of Moray. I can claim with piety two Duchies in England of York or Normandy, but I skip past, my only Scottish claim left is the unpressed CB on Galvei with a crossing from the Isle of Man and Ulster.

Post War my troops are at 3143 out of 3741 and we’ll grow as our control in our captured area does too for levies.

I have 2020 prestige. Do I call court or spend 2k for Irish Culture? I do Court and spend 100 prestige.

I hear petitioners:

Petitioner #1 – A Child of the Court
– I am approached by a Courtier of Duke Tadg II who is telling me of a 13 year old warden of the court who’s parents died named Nuala. They want someone to care for her.

I have four options:

1. No Worries I‘ll Raise Her – I take her as my ward, I gain relations with folks and +10 court grandeur.
2. My Hands are Full, But I’ll Find her a Home – She becomes Blanche’s ward, and then I gain 6 grandeur
3. Raising a Child Isn’t Cheap – Duke Tadg II pays me 45 and I raise her, I lose relations’.
4. Unfortunate, but not the Court’s Problem – We lose 10 grandeur.

I take her in since she is just three years shy of maturity and gain 10 grandeur.

Petitioner #2 – Noble Privileges –
Duke Tadg II approaches. He talks about how awesome the men of his house are with the advising. He doesn’t want us to sow division within us and turn away their advice.

I have a massive SIX options:

1. Connacht Will Always have my Ear - +20 relations with him, I gain a hook, we renegotiate his feudal contract to guarantee his Council Rights.
2. I Hear You Have a Nice Collection – I try to bribe away his Foxtail artifact, relations drop 15
3. Such Entitlements Demand Sacrifices – I try to bribe away his couty of Ui Mhiane, relations drop 15.
4. Only if Connacht’s Borders Never Change – Relations drop 5.
5. In Exchange for Greater Finances – We increase his tax levy to high and give them the Council Seat Guarantee
6. Is it not Enough to be Duke? – I don’t relations are at -10

Wow that’s a lot of stuff to work through. He is my Martial with an 18 in that ability the best in my court, so I like #1 or #5 to help keep him that seat and then give something back a hook or better taxes. But that guarantee would go to his kid, and who knows how that would look, so I drop our relations by 10 to +72 and move on to the final petitioner.

Petitioner #3 – Royal Service – Duke Lulach II approaches with one of his men his cousin Lulach Loairn and tells me that he’d be a great knight and really knows his way around an axe.

I finish with just three options:

1. Very Well, You May Attend Me – I gain +10 relations with the Duke and then he becomes my Knight.
2. I Have Found my Bodyguard – I hire him as my Bodyguard role, this will pay him and he joins my court. Boosts to relations with many
3. Skilled Yes, Needed No – I lose 10 relations wit the Duke.

I choose #1 and gain a new Knight!

I have in cash 442. Now that I have unlocked my Saddle, do I want to hire 100 Armored Cavalry for my army? Remember that when I assembled my army in my last war I was losing around 1.3/month for upkeep.

Here’s their breakdown:

Armored Cavalry – Cost 200 to recruit, type heavy cavalry, 50 soldiers per level, unraised maintenance -0.7.monthly, when raised -2.1/monthly – that’s pricey. Do I want to pay that cost to add heavy cavalry to my Men at Arms?

Right now here’s my cash in:

Domain – 10.5 – that’s my six holdings
Taxes – 2.7 – those are from my vassals
Church Levies – 3.9 – those are high due to my relations with my Archbishop
-15% Improvident

I bring in 14.6

Cash Out:

Courtiers - -0.6
Court Grandeur - -0.6
Men at Arms - -4.8 – but that’s higher after wars since I am recruiting replacements.

Costs – 6.3

Bringing in 8.2 total

I’ll wait a few months to see what happens with my cash after restocking

14 Oct – I get a marriage proposal from England that is matrilineal with his daughter and heir Princess Maud his only child who is 13 years old and my grandson Burchard who is my only grandson. I like this idea of tying our realms together longer than our death, and I like this match but for House Briain instead. I would agree with another son but since he’s my only grandson, I disagree and offer him one that is patrilineal, but we have -13 chance since she would inherit his crown through me.

2 Nov - My costs have dropped to 1.7 men at arms and 3.2 total and I am making 11.4 monthly. Remember my Stewardships is 15, so we are making that cash. Now that I have 456 should I spend it to increase cash flow in my holdings and then pay for those troops later?

Ready for some good news?

I can vassalize Powys!

The Vassalization of Powys:

Here let me show you a Screeny:

As you can see, we offer low feudal obligations and I am zooming into them.

Ferlix – 100 control, 9 Development, Welsh culture, Catholic faith, 2 Baronies one Forest one Hills.

Ruled by

Duke Bleddyn II
– 46 years old, August, Brave, Callous, Impatient – stats of 19/8/8/8/5, prowess of 7, Welsh and Catholic, relations of +44 but he’ll be a key vassal soon, that’s likely to drop, I begin to sway him,

That 19 Dip for my Chancellor is way better than our 10 Dip by Duke Porbjorn who is at +100 relations with me. Do I swap them? Yes, relations with him rise +10 to 54 and Duke Porbjorn of the Isles drops to +48.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote