View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 11:28 AM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1113 – I spend 100 prestige to Hold Court:

Petitioner #1 – The Child with Two Mothers
– I am approached by two women claiming to be the parent of a child, and the local villagers have no proof of labor, adopting, or anything else.

I have four options:

1. Test the Mothers to see who Cares About the Infant – I gain 10 grandeur, this is available since I am learning perks.
2. The Younger Woman Who Has More Live to Give - I get + relations with some, and –20 with Earl Dommnal but +10 with my son.
3. With Age Comes Experience, the Older Woman Will Mother Him – I get -20 with my son, +10 with Earl and others
4. I Will Raise Him Myself – I adopt the boy. -40 with everyone since he’s lowborn.

I choose the first and gain 10 court grandeur which, again, is only available since I am a sharp tool.

Petitioner #2 – The Ravages of Peace
– I’ve had this petitioner before if you’ll recall, my Knights loot in peacetime. This time it was in Ormond and it was my Knight Earl of Ailech, Earl Aed VII county. I choose, again, to have the Knights return their loot and lose 90 stress since I am just, but this drops relations with Aed VII by -20.

Petitioner #3 – Exhibiting High King Buaidbeo’s Collection
– I am approached by a petitioner, my Knight Antonio who wants to display some things to add to our glory or sell, or charge to see, but it might lead to robbery he says.

Here are my three options
:

1. I Want People to Pay to Witness Our Glory – I get Paid Artifact Exhibition for three years and then steal schemes are more likely.
2. Some People Must See, Even the Less Fortunate – Four three years we get Free Artifact Exhibition but steal schemes more likely too.
3. It’s Not Worth the Risk – Nothing happens.

Since I am still at negative cash at -52, charging makes sense, and then free would possibly increase my grandeur but it doesn’t say. What do I want to do? I charge, since I just gained 10 grandeur from my first petitioner. I am getting +3% cash from the paywall.

See you in five years!

Court Grandeur rises to 7!

16 Jan – The Independence Faction targeting me disbanded.

16 Feb – Our Sway Scheme on Duke Porbjorn of the Isles is done and our relations are now +14, next is Earl Aeb VII

The Earl of Ulster (Fuirechtach) is here to pay homage and renew his vows. I let him in!

I gain 50 cash and the normally accepted + stuff here for it - I am now in positive cash!!!

26 Mar – An Inspired Person wants to get hired to forge a goblet, but to get started would be 50 of my 51 gold and then they often need more cash later as events develop, so I skip it for now.

7 May – Event – A Helpful Warning – The Former enemy in Powys Prince has send me info that Earl Aed VII is plotting against me. I thank him! I choose to confront Aed VII with the charge privately since I don’t want a public disagreement, he confesses and I gain a weak hook on him.

1 Sept – Now that I have more than 100 do I want to sponsor the Goblet maker? I do!

I pay Richard de Brionne 50 cash to do so – it should take around 14 months and he is our guest with his wife.

That leaves me 56 cash!

4 Oct - I get a notice about a Royal Guest who arrived and would be a great husband. Do I want to marry my 10 year old daughter Maria to him? Here he is:

Daniel – Irish, Catholic, 38 years old, Honest, Ambitious, Wrathful – stats get ready – 16/13/16/4/21 – prowess of 10, his background is Mastermind Philosopher. House Dudgaill

Irish? Those stats? Super smart like me. Can I hire him as a Courtier like my open Court Poet since he’s Irish he’d be good there? Nope no one can do that role still. Should I marry him to Maria who’s 10? That seems like a great option to keep him here since he’d be a great vassal later. But that age? He doesn’t want to marry.

Right now Janko is my Court Jester and Physician and he’s average in both. Could I offer Daniel my Doctor? Nope, no one is better than Janko – or even as good as him

While I am thinking about it, how about a Court Musician? Anyone good there? I have one Poor, my son, and then two terrible. I don’t bother spending the cash for a poor player.

6 Nov – Great News! My grandson I am tutoring is now Irish!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote