View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 07:00 AM   #190
Edward64
Head Coach

Glad Blinken is over there.

I know the end goal is to destroy as much of Hamas as possible but there's always a balance between civilian casualties vs types of force used.

Biden and his team send blunt warnings to Israel: Civilian suffering in Gaza will weaken public support for war against Hamas | CNN Politics
Quote:
President Joe Biden and his top advisers are warning Israel with growing force that it will become increasingly difficult for it to pursue its military goals in Gaza as global outcry intensifies about the scale of humanitarian suffering there.

Biden, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Secretary of State Antony Blinken – who departed Thursday for Israel with a message on protecting civilian lives – have all explicitly pressed the case in recent private conversations with the Israelis, telling them that eroding support will have dire strategic consequences for Israel Defense Forces operations against Hamas.

Behind the scenes, American officials also believe there is limited time for Israel to try to accomplish its stated objective of taking out Hamas in its current operation before uproar over the humanitarian suffering and civilian casualties – and calls for a ceasefire – reaches a tipping point.
Yup, there's a timetable. Weeks and not months seems right to me.

Quote:
In fact, there is recognition within the administration that that moment may arrive quickly: Some of the president’s close advisers believe that there are only weeks, not months, until rebuffing the pressure on the US government to publicly call for a ceasefire becomes untenable, sources told CNN.

There's also reports that IDF has encircled Gaza. I hope there's an escape route South for women and children.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote