View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 03:55 AM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

First thoughts...
  • Offense is much more in line with the recent NFL.
  • TONS more that can be customized than in previous versions.
  • I think I'm going to like the interface, but right now it's just really different--even just little things like player cards. For example, on QBs, "likes to run" is near the top of the screen in the bar profile rather than near the bottom. My eyes still go immediately to the bottom when looking for that.
  • Sim speed is REALLY fast on my mid-level machine. Ran 25 seasons in just 17 minutes and some change.
  • The default player photos (flags) are distracting to me. I just zipped those up for a backup, and deleted them from the install folder and there's nothing there. I'm finding that preferable.
  • I suspect there's an issue with coach re-hiring: it appears the VAST majority of coaches do exactly four seasons with a team and then move on.
  • Speaking of coaches, nice immersion feature: when a coach is a former player, there's a "view Profile As Player" button on the coach card.
  • New RPO and pure option runs. Nice!
  • No more all-league teams? That's kind of a bummer.
  • There is a LOT more trading between AI teams. Haven't checked into whether they're "good" trades, but just at a glance, I'm looking at quite a few instances of (not including compensatory picks) AI teams with as many as 10 picks in a draft, and of course others with as few as four.
  • It looks like Jim is automatically outputting a bunch of data in the .dat files in the savegame folder. Here's hoping our data gurus can pull that into csvs.
  • Not something that I am into, but fwiw, it does appear that Jim added the full ability to play with historical leagues/draft classes. It will be some work to create those, but the structure looks like it's there.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-01-2023 at 04:35 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote