View Single Post
Old 10-22-2023, 05:05 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1101 -

Wales update:

We have Ceredigion, England has one of Powys with one left and five of Deheubarth and then four Gwynedd. So, if I grabbed the last Powys holding and then brought in Gwynedd in one war, I could have six just like England and stop them from grabbing the King of Wales title. I sort of ceded it to them back when England massively gobbling up the rest of Deheubarth in one war, but they haven’t been back after losing that war to Gwynedd. Powys is still allied with Gwynedd, so I could CB and then grab it in one war. Remember that I took Ceredigion for military purposes next to everything like a beachhead not fiscal ones, and I am not getting much from it fiscally since it’s only two baronies like Man and another culture. Should I create a CB for the last Powys holding and expand here in Wales by one? It’s next to my holding in Ceredigion. The problem though here is that if England grabs Wales’s King title, they can take the rest with De Jure titles, so if I spread I could lose it to the Behemoth.

Remember our expansion in Ireland? We brought in the two sized allied Earl of Dubhlinn despite not having the King of Ireland title yet. Another way I could spread here might just be diplomatically because they might not want to be taken in war by England but peace by us since we are both not Welsh. Also remember that we were both Catholic, Irish and he was my grandfather’s nephew by marriage not in the Briain family. We had family ties.

Could we peacefully vassalize Gwynedd prior to bringing in Powys? It would be a few years of claims in the final holding of Powys prior to it. That would give me time. I could also ally with Powys like Gwynedd and then peacefully annex them too, that might be possible. In real life I could make an argument to join us to stop the English taking the crown, so no one does. And then avoid another war to devastate your nation like the first one.

One way I could get a title on something bigger is with the Papacy. Right now I can spend Piety to claim a Duchy in Scotland called the Sudreyjar which is on the west coast. It would cost me 360. I could also get a Papal Claim on the Duchy of Albany in Scotland on the east coast at the cost of 360 too. My relations with the Pope are +47. Is it possible to get a Papal Claim against Gwynedd? That would be just -6.

I want to move my Sway Scheme to the Pope but it’s only a 20% chance of working. What about a gift? I could raise relations by +24 with a gift of 225 and I have cash of 642. I pay the cash. Can I get the Papal Claim on the entire Principality of Gwynedd? Yes! I spend 360 piety and drop my number to 1472.

I start fabricating a claim on Powys’s Ferlix.

Actually Gwynedd and Powys are no longer allies. Gwynedd isn’t allied to anyone, but Powys? France.

My army has restored to 3020. Do I want to raise my five Men at Arms army numbers by 1?

Gwynedd has 1676 and Powys 542 and France has 5386. Future war with Scotland has 2116 and it looks like their Civil War is over.

Right now I am making 10.1 cash month after expenses. Should I order more troops or go to war now with Gwynedd? I got enough for that war, so I declare war on Gwynedd

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote