View Single Post
Old 10-22-2023, 12:10 PM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I order my Martial to build up control in the Isle

Earl Olav has rejoined the faction even though he has +19 relations. I hope that my Sway Scheme will get him out.

I need to update my Men at Arms a bit. Right now all of my Men At Arms are at level 1 save for Bowmen which are level 3, so that’s my 300 Bowmen, 100 Light Cavalry, 100 Pikeman and 10 Mangonel. I like the idea of increasing one to level two or purchasing level 1 in another unit like Armored Infantry.

Armored Infantry – 90 cash,

When do I unlock Armored Cavalry? 13 years

Let’s do the Armored Infantry and I’ll station them in Athlone and move the Mangonel to the Isle of Man

They cost 0.4/month when at home

11 April – Duke Ruadri hosts a Hunt and we’ll join!

29 April – Hunt Event – Forbidden Fruit – My Knight finds random fruit, I forbid him from eating it

10 May – We reach the Hunt place.

12 May – We hunt fox

23 June – We win, we capture foxes and then my High King gains the Hunter trait and then we got an artifact:

Fox Tail - +0.06 prestige monthly, lowered stress and negative scheming

21 July – Our Sway Scheme on Earl Olav is done, is he off the faction? Yup! Next is the Earl of Ulster

22 July – We are back from the Hunt

20 Aug – Raiders arrive on the other side of Ireland in Ailech

17 Sept – Marriage proposal from Aragon again, which is much bigger with 1701 men. King Garcia Sanchez is 39. This is for his sister, Infanta Peironela age 18 and my heir age 12. Is she good?

Infanta Peironela
– Age 18, Lustful, Craven, Sadistic – I don’t like three negatives, Catholic faith, Aragonese culture, Thrifty Clerk – stats are 6/1/8/10/7 – base for children is 6/3/2/6/7 – prowess of 11.

She’s okay. I’d prefer more positive traits or better stats in things to help, but this is my heir. Since there is no English daughter Princess, adding Aragon permanently to my line for future alliances makes sense. So…here is the question – do I want to get pulled into Iberian Reconquista wars. They were just three provinces generation ago when asking for marriage with Murchad, but now they have a big chunk of Eastern Iberia – looks like around 12 strong with the massive and wealthy Duchy of Barcelona theirs.

He’ll gain 300 prestige and her +500. It makes sense for them since they have no local allies, and for us looking for help outside of the Isles like Scotland’s ally of Bohemia and Iceland

I do it.

We are now allies.

10 Oct – Raiders in Ailech lost to the local forces

22 Nov – They leave Ireland for Scotland

1 Jan, 1100 – Welcome to the New Century!!!

2 Feb – Event – Renewed Jihad – Local Muslims in the Middle East are under attack from various area and the Dar Es-Salam must be defended at all costs.

15 Mar – Event – Dear God, Go Outside - My wife is upset that I am spending so much time in scrolls and reading and such. She wants me to get my head out of the Scrolls or don’t come to her bedchamber.

Here are my three options:

1. As you wish - +20 relations with her and then for a year I gain “Alluring Confidence”
2. Perhaps We Should Read Excerpts Together – Her learning increases by +2 but her relations -20
3. I need not lay with you I have the warm embrace of knowledge – I gain “Focused Reading” for five years, relations drop 40

So which do I want? Is #3 my way out of spawning way too many Lustful each side kids? I have one son and two daughters. I choose #3.

1 April – I unlock a new Learning perk and I can finish off General Scholarship with Scholar and I gain that Trait! It gives me +5 learning to give me 30,

13 April - My wife is preggers

22 June – We renew our vows with Earl Domnall of Dubhlinn and get the normal stuff

26 June – Our wife miscarries

17 Sept – The Earl of Ulster’s Sway Scheme works and we are now at +20

Next is Earl Domnall my Spymaster

21 Oct – A Faction to take me off the throne disbands

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote