View Single Post
Old 10-21-2023, 10:21 PM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

6 Jan, 1096 – Sway Scheme successful with Earl Olav and we are at +41. Remember how high my relations were with the pervious Archbishop and how much I was making? Now I have relations of +8 and just making 0.4 monthly so I sway him

22 Jan – We have a Court Event:

Court Event – Poor Manners – This is the same event that the previous Archbishop causes in court. If you recall the first and third choices reduce court grandeur by 14 but gain 20 relations with the Archbishop or the middle one will harm relations with him by -30 that he will be polite in court.

What do I do? I choose the 1st, raise relations by +20 and gain 50 piety

Our monthly income from Church Holdings rose from 0.4 to 1.3 so my theory was proved

25 July – Court declines to level 2

7 Sept – I spend 100 prestige and hold my 2nd Court:

Petitioner #1 – Rivals in Agreement –
Two Rival Knights approach the Throne. They don’t like that my wife is of another Culture.

I have three options:

1. I’m Sure if you Looked at this Another Way – 66% chance of success - +20 relations with Knights, I gain 300 DIP experience; 33% of it not working and I get for a few years Unworthy Ruler
2. I am not your Enemy – He is – Same percentage chance of success, but now their rivalry increases
3. Perhaps You’d Back those Words with Steel – We fight

I choose the first. It worked

Petitioner #2 – Indirect Espionage – This from my guest Seaghdha who was travelling in Gwynedd and has some juicy secrets to sell.

I have three options:

1. Pay 70 gold, gain a hook
2. No one Extorts me, seize him – This is an act of Tyranny
3. Begone from my Court – We gain 10 grandeur

I choose the final option

Petitioner #3 – The End is Nigh – This final petitioner is from an agitated man. He is from Leinster and says that the signs are here and we have to repent

I have three options:

1. Salvation by any Means – I gain 250 piety and put off food and gain the trait Inappetic
2. Nonsense, Burn the Heretic – I gain 100 piety and 20 dread
3. Take this fool out of my Sight - -100 piety

I choose the first and put off food and gain another 250 piety

10 Sept – Court rises to level 3

30 Nov – My claim is done for the Isle of Man – I pay 90 cash to make my final bribe.

Scotland has 1754 troops and is at another Civil War – is this the time to snatch the Isle of Man which is safe from England since it’s not adjacent to the mainland?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote