View Single Post
Old 10-21-2023, 09:38 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

17 Mar, 1094 – Another Daughter is born, we name her Sinech.

5 Apr – We have fully established control in Ceredigion with a control there of 100 and are making 0.47 monthly. Next I order my Martial to build up Commanders and train them.

14 Apr – Our Sway Scheme with the Archbishop works and we are now making taxes from churches of 2.3 monthly.

Next is Earl Olav again.

3 June – It looks like Scotland has lost some men, from recent stuff and only has 376 men. I could DOW and press Earl of Ulster Cu Ulagh’s claims. They are allied with Iceland and that’s it. They are losing a Civil War.

I need another ally , and I wasn’t going Gwynedd since they were at war with England and I didn’t want to get pulled into a Welsh war but they are winning at +85%.

I need to increase our relations with my relative since we are at -15 to create an alliance. I change my Sway Scheme from Earl Olav to the Prince of Gwynedd.

6 Oct – Should I send a gift to Gwynedd of 150 to improve relations by +29? Let’s try and see if that works.

They agree to an alliance!

I change my Sway Scheme back to Earl Olav

Scotland’s War is over. Their army is at 1415 and growing to our 2657 and Gwynedd’s 1894.

10 Nov – I have two Inspirations:

Lachtnae Somhairle – Wants to go to Western Europe – I send him with cash of 55

Mechthilid - Also wants to head to Western Europe for 85 cash – I agree since she came back with our tapestry last time

26 Mar, 1095 – Inspiration Event – Mechthilid – We encounter Bandits on the Road. I pay them 40 to get her through

5 May – An Artisan wants to make something for us but it cost 265 to start and I have two current Inspirations so I skip it

7 Aug – Our Archbishop passes.

Our new one is:

Lutbert von Hohenvels - +8 approves of us, Catholic, Franconian, 10 Learning skill, 41 years old

23 Aug – Inspiration Event by Mechthilid – A Change in Direction – I invest in 60 more cash.

14 Sept – Event – Visions of the Divine – I host a religious ceremony with Lutbert but he objects. I choose to debate with him given my much higher learning and… I gain 100 learning experience

7 Oct – We bring in Earl Fianchu to swear allegiance again. I gain the normal stuff from this

23 Nov - I unlock another Learning perk and I take Learn on the Job - +20% of councilors skills added to mine

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote