View Single Post
Old 10-21-2023, 08:51 PM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

21 Jan, 1092 – We give birth to our first daughter named Ciar, our first girl!!!

11 Feb – I have enough Renown at 750 to unlock another tradition for my dynasty. What do I want?

The last time I did Warfare #1 House of Warriors and #2 gives me -20% CB Cost.

I do my number 2 last time Erudition #1 – Vibrant Court - +5 grandeur, +10 relations with vassals and courtiers and better guests recruited costing us -30% less

See you at 1250!!!!

16 Feb – I have a Court Event available:

Court Event #1 – A Ghostly Pen – Our Court Poet approaches, Mechthilid. She offers to write my speeches.

I have two options:

1. My Words Could use a Certain Infusion – I gain 100 dip lifestyle experience, relations with her +25 I gain for five years Ghost Writer and she gains a minor hook with me.
2. My Words May not be Fine, but they are From my Heart – I gain Honest Speaker for two years.

I like the addition and if it added grandeur I’d do the first one but instead I choose the latter

27 May – I see 2231 Raiders of Vestrland trying to land in Leinster. I order my army assembled in our capital

3 June – I have 2590 assembled and order them to Leinster

7 June – The Raiders land.

14 June – Event – A Sacred Text – I am shopping in the market when I am approached by an old merchant who produces a book I’ll need. What do I want to do? I spend 70 cash for the book artifact.

It’s a Fine Scripture. I display it in my court:

It lasts for 60 years, +4% piety monthly, +2 clergy opinion, +0.1 monthly prestige

I need to hire an Antiquarian to help prolong these and offer repair and reforge artifacts.

It costs 0.18 monthly to upkeep him. Is there someone I like?

Yes, we have an average person, the guy who made my excellent tapestry:

Antiquarian – Antonio Alliata – 33 years old, average, -17% artifact speed reduction, 11/7/3/7/11 – prowess of 8, Catholic and Italian, Patient, Generous and Forgiving.

19 June - A Sacred Text – Bibliomancy – I am putting away the book I just bought when a paper comes out. This is a practice where I take a divination in a book on a random spot. Do I want to? If I do I have a chance at a free learning perk. If not I gain 100 piety. I choose to do it.

I find a passage with four options. I choose Fascinating this requires future research and gain 75 prestige and then have a chance to gain 100 research in learning. I gain the trait Focused Reading for three years.

I unlock a new Perk which is Scholarly Circles which gives me +2 Learning for each level of devotion.

30 June – The Raid is over and the men are departing Leinster – can I get to them first before they head to their ships.

17 July – We arrive in Leinster and begin battle with the Raiders

10 Aug – Our wife is pregnant with our 3rd child!!!

29 Aug – We defeat the Raiders and capture 34 cash.

30 Sept – The rest of their army fled

6 Oct – I begin building a CB in the Isle of Man controlled by Scotland in case we have a chance

14 Oct – Athlone gained a Couty Corruption event for five years called Lack of Sheriffs

I disband my army after the Raiders landed in Scotland

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote