View Single Post
Old 10-21-2023, 12:39 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As a reminder, I can only have five counties in my direct control, and we have that with our two we started with, Athlone, Ossory and our new Welsh holding Ceredigion. So when I DOW for Dyfed here in a moment, I‘ll need to create space in my queue with another vassal, but I don’t want to make another Key Vassal who’ll be pissed since he won’t be on my council. My only non-key vassal vassal is Ulster’s Earl Cu Uladh.

Here are my thoughts:

Athlone – In the two holding Duchy with Dubhlinn – Either just give it to the Earl of Dubhlinn or create that Duchy, and hand the Earl to him. Or I just could hand this to Dubhlinn and make him a Duke. Athlone is making me 1.15 monthly.

Ossory – In the two province Duchy with the holding Dubhlinn conquered and then was peacefully vassalized, which is an Earl by them and not directly controlled by us. I could hand this to the Earl instead. It’s making us more cash at 1.28 but not much.

Wales – I could hand away my current holding now, but I am building up control. Or I could hand it away post war to work on Dyfed, but that would add to my vassal count. Ceredigion has control of 54 and just cash of 0.24 due to low control and Welsh culture.

Ulster - Remember that Ulster, Ailech with Aed VI and the province conquered by Connacht before we peacefully vassalized them are part of the Duchy of Ulster. In order to add a Key Vassal in Wales, I could create the Duchy of Ulster and hand Ailech and Ulster to it.

I wish that Dubhlinn hadn’t annexed south so I could create that Duchy and hand Ossory away.

Anyways, Deheubarth is at war with England and has two provinces controlled by England and then an army on the way to Dyfed so I’ll need to wait until after the war to grab Dyfed but I need to be fast in gobbling up Welsh Territory now that England is moving that way instead of north to Scotland or south to France.

21 Dec – Inspiration Event – Its done! We have an Excellent Tapestry that, when exhibited will increase tax by 0.2% from vassals that are Glory Hounds and then grandeur boosts of +3 and then it lasts for 75 years.

I display it in my Courtroom and take down the displayed Dynasty Banner.

2 Jan, 1081 – Earl Aed VI of Ailech passes and his son takes over:

Earl Aed VII – Age 20, relations -55, Calm, Deceitful, Lustful, Pilgrim, Astute Intellectual background, stats of 4/2/9/13/15 – prowess of 9, Irish Catholic, key vassal, not on Council.

Will he start factions against me like his father?

7 Jan – He begins a faction to replace me with his Son Niall, so yes

7 April – In one War, England takes Deheubarth off the map.

I cannot compete with that.

13 May – We have an Event Called Death from Above where I am injured from an attack and am incapable.

We are now in a Regency:

Regent Prince Buaidbeo – He has borrowed powers.

Here’s our Regency Tab:

As you can see, we are power sharing and the more power slips to the Regent, the harder to end it. You can see the relations below. Remember that I am Sway Scheming Murchad at -15. We have the best Scales of Power on our side. I give him a Mandate to Promote Authoirity to increase control and drop faction support, the others are to increase cash or could increase men-at-arms.

This may make the factioning get faster even with Promote Authority.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote