View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 07:53 AM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

25 May – I disband my army!

I want to change my Wales War Tactics.

Here, let me show you a Zoomed in Map of Wales:

I am zooming in on the area. My first plan when Gwynedd had taken the two province of the Principality of Powys was to head to war in the south and grab that six nation, let my alliance roll over post death, and then take one province from Gwynedd in peace, and then take the King title.

I need to cut off my ally from expanding south. See how the two provinces of Powys are inland? Right now my Welch claim is on Dyfed. What I want to do is grab Ceredigion instead and then take the inland Powys of Penllyn and then that cuts off Gwynedd from expansion south.

So I begin to build a CB in Ceredigion

2 Nov – I unlock a new Martial Perk – I take Organized March – that increases my army speed.

I have two Court Events I look at:

Court Event #1 – A Flesh Wound: A diplomat sent by my ally Scotland is bleeding. He says he was defenestrated on the way over from Scotland. He wants to continue our diplomatic talks.

I have three options:

1. Force Him to see a Physician – 81% chance he survives, King of Scotland relations gain by +25, he get fixed – 18% dies, and I lose 33 cash, and then I have to clean the carpets
2. My Calander has Space Next Week - I spend 33 cash cleaning the carpets, King loses 15 relations
3. Let’s Walk and Talk and Scotland is Buying me a new Carpet - -30 relations with Scotland’s King, +10 grandeur gain 15 cash.

I choose the first. He survives!

Court Event #2 – Poor Manners: My Archbishop Thomas Johansson is belching in the court and acting rudely. One of my Knights complains.

I have three options this time as well.

1. The Archbishop is a Man of God, Let us Treat him as Such – This will raise my stress by 80 since I am Wrathful AND Impatient, I lose 14 grandeur, my Archbishop relation increases by 20 and piety by 50
2. Archbishop or Not, He Will Learn Proper Manners – He loses 30 opinion, I gain 10 Dread, every other courtier gains +10 relations. No stress here.
3. Oh Come on Now, like We all Haven’t Had to Do that Before – I lose 14 grandeur, +40 stress, but the Archbishop loves it and I lose 10 relations with y Knight who complained

I choose the middle one since I am not losing Court Grandeur or getting stressed. Our relations with the Archbishop is now +43

2 Jan, 1083 - It’s been five years since I last held court!!!

I hold it again

I spend 100 prestige

I have three petitioners:

Petitioner #1 – My daughter Conchenn:
She is asking me to Annual her match with the King of Scotland’s third son, Malcolm IV.

I have three options:

1. Agree – It’s annulled – We break it off and relations drop by 30 with Scotland
2. An agreement is an agreement – Conchenn loses 40 relations and drops from 100 to 60.
3. Then you’ll never marry – She becomes a Monk loses 40 relations, I get boosted relations from my Archbishop and the Pope. In this case, King Malcom III of Scotland understands and doesn’t lose relations.

So what do I want? The last two hurt my relations with her and my first with Scotland. I choose the middle option to keep her married even if she doesn’t like it or him.

Petitioner #2 – The Ravages of Peace: This is from Earl Olav who is pissed that recently Knight Dairmarit and leading troops pillaged some of his territory. I need to make nice with the Earl Olav and not get him upset since our relations aren’t great and I cannot get him up and joining Earl Aed IV’s coalition.

Here are my four options:

1. My Warriors March in Defenses of us All, Stop Complaining –20 relations with Olav, I gain relations with my Knights, the Earldom is looted for five years
2. You Must Return Your Plunder Diarmarit – Relations with Knights drop by 5 each hi by 20, plus 20with Earl, the Earldom is looted.
3. I’ll Compensate You for Your Losses - I spend 65 cash, gain a massive 35 relations with Olav, the Earldom is still burned for five years the Knights don’t dislike this
4. If you Cannot Keep the Peace, You Don’t Deserve the Land – I take it. This is an act of tyranny.

Obviously I want the 2nd or 3rd. I have 439 cash so I do three, but I do 2 instead

Relations with Olav raised to +35

Petitioner #3 – Laughs Requested: This is from Earl Murchad who is at +20 and wants us to hire a Court Jester and has a great idea about who. Earl Cu Uladh who is just at +13 objects since it would ruin the sophisticated air of the court.

I have three options:

1. If the Earl Cu Ulagh Doesn’t Want Laughs, We Should Make Him Laughable – I make him my Court Jester and drop our relations by 40,
2. This is NOT a Peasant’s Market, a Jester has No Place Here – Earl Murchad drops by -40
3. I’ll Consider it Sometime - -20 relations with Earl Murchad at +2-

I cannot annoy two key figures, I wish I had a fourth option to just hire a Court Jester. I do three.

5 January - Well, I’ve got bad news, my son has a 3rd son named Murchad and his 2nd born Caissene is now 6. That means we will split up without primogeniture or one Empire.

I could plot to kill them. For Caissene it has an 88% chance of success and a 95% chance of not being discovery. Do I do it? Actually, could I go with Caissene instead? No he’s much worse than Buiadbeo

What do I want to do?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote