View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 06:40 AM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Second Gwynedd Civil War

I raise my armies, right now I have 1925 of 2346

1 Jan, 1082 – Olav of Osmond is now 16 and at -30 as a key vassal. I need to appoints him on my Council to keep him happy and away from Aed VI.

Olav – 4/6/8/9/6 – His 8 and 9 are Stewardship and Intrigue. What do I want to give him? I could make him my Steward and pull Aed VI who is a massive 25, but that would be a rough adjustment in cash. I do it. That drops Aed to +1 with -20 for losing their seat and -40 for not getting a seat they expect. But Olav is now +20 and won’t be likely to join any factions.

Since I am at war and thus won’t be able to manage my relations with vassals, I could send a gift to Earl of Ulster of 150 cash and then raise our relations by 40, but that’s way too much. I only have 404.

I just got a Marriage Offer from the King of Scotland for his son named Prince Malcom who is 20, and my oldest daughter Conchenn. Do I want an alliance by marriage with him? He’s 50 and won’t live forever. Conchenn is 13 and has these stats right now: 3/7/5/9/3 – not exactly worth keeping around in my kingdom to marry off. She’s also greedy, brave, vengeful and curious. Now the main issue with marrying my eldest daughter to a male heir of a king is that is her brother, Brian, were to die, then her male issue could have an heir to the throne and move in but Brian already has a son to inherit in that case.

So, here’s the main issue do I want to ally with Scotland? Until the 50 year old King dies? Right now my expansion is Wales not England/Scotland. So I would be happy to ally with one over the other then, btu do I want to get pulled into Scottish Wars against England? Not until I’ve set up in Wales and have both Kings, because I don’t want to lose my Welsh possessions before becoming the King. But having good protection in Wales would give me protection from English wars there to keep us running until I am King in Wales, so if England were to DOW with Gwynedd and Scotland as allies I might be able to do something.

I accept and we are now Allies with Scotland with the royal marriage. Since the King is 50, we won’t have this forever.

4 Jan, 1082 – I have raised my army, I order it across the Irish Sea to Wales.

1 Mar – 376 are in Ulster doing a siege

12 Mar – They are joined by 212 more for a total of 588

15 Mar – I land in Ynys Mon in Wales, but, I order myself back to Ulster to break this siege while Gwynedd is sieging Eryri.

18 Mar – Event – Swaying Earl Cu Uladh of Ulster – I choose to focus on intrigue sinch he has a 19.

22 Mar – Peasants in Athlone have joined Earl Aed VI’s faction and are wanting more control of Athlone. I have -50 relations there due to “Chafing Control”. My control there’s now 90, so I pull off my Martial and send him to Train Commanders

27 April – Conchenn returned from Earl Olav

29 April – My main army is in Ulster

8 May – We defeat one army another fled I chase it down

14 May – My Spymaster tells me of someone plotting against my nephew and Knight Cennetig.

21 May – Eryri falls!

Our Side won the War!!!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote