View Single Post
Old 10-16-2023, 08:56 AM   #460
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

My rational side agrees with that assessment. My biggest concern is the defensive secondary - this year. My cognitive dissonance grows with each passing week of them consistently doing good-team things.

If they had done what Philadelphia or San Fran did, it would be in 'yep, same old Lions' territory. They've earned a bad game or two, which will happen at some point. They just need to not make it a bad month or two ... and as always, actually show up when playoff time comes.

Edit: I am also increasingly ... I don't even know the term ... befuddled? Confounded by how surreal it is I guess? Hearing terms like 'we' in this thread referring to the Lions. Hearing the pundits talk about how great the Lions are doing. It's like ... no, you're supposed to be making fun of the Lions. Having pity on them. Something has gone wrong with the simulation if you are doing anything else. I don't know how to handle them being popular. The Red Wings had a long run of that. Tigers even at times. But never the Lions.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-16-2023 at 09:06 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote