View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 10:34 PM   #50
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Question of the day: If HAMAS are Palestinians...but different from the Palestinians on the west bank ...like those Palestinians are the good ones and Hamas are just bad apples...then where are the palestinian statements condemning the attacks? I'm seeing the opposite...I'm seeing protests and such. I'm seeing Extreme nationism by...well both Palestine and Israel. But no condemnation of the act.

My take, take it FWIW. Generalizing the 3 groups in Palestine ...

1) In Gaza, there are extremist Hamas & "normal" Palestinians
2) In West Bank, there are less extremist Fatah & "normal" Palestinians
3) Hamas and Fatah hate each other. Hamas killed & ejected Fatah from Gaza around 2006-2007.
4) Fatah is moving on with governing the parts of West Bank they control, they are less confrontational with Israel. Hamas, arguably, would win a popular election over Fatah (I've seen 52%-57%). In other words, Fatah is relatively weak in the court of popular opinion.
5) Hamas, Fatah, and 90% of "normals" are antisemitic. Differing levels for sure but even for "normals", it's still pretty high. Not making a statement if this is right or wrong for the "normals", just saying it's pretty much a sad reality due to history & circumstances.

To answer your question specifically ...

The reason why there is little/no condemnation by the "normals" for the attacks is because they support it to a certain level. Not saying they support the supposed (beheading) of babies, but my guess is little problem with killing Israeli soldiers or adult settlers. Again, looking from "both sides", it is understandable "normal" Palestinians are PO'd at the Israelis.

The reason why Fatah does not condemn it is because they'll lose even more popular support (see #4 above). The best they can do is lukewarm support the attacks. (And if I was them, I'd give the Israelis as much intel on Hamas as I could)

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-14-2023 at 11:06 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote