View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 08:54 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 June - I need to save my finances for more ups of our quest by our Poet, so I may not be able to afford the bribery aspect of the claim in Wales. I also want to wait to finish control in Ossory and then send my Martial to Athlone to build control there, before moving into Wales. Right now I have 176 in cash. We are at 71.6/100 for Wales, so I stop my buying it until I have enough cash after our artifact finder returns and we are at Dyfed. I have my Bishop start working on the other option to Build Religious Relations which increases our piety by 0.75/month and right now it’s at 421 and 1/1.month

We have around 19 months left for my questing Poet

7 Nov - I designate a guardian for my first born daughter – Conchenn who is 7. I choose myself. She has the curious trait

6 Jan, 1076 – I unlock a new military perk for my ruler. What do I like here? Strict Organization - +20% Control Gain in County Progress

I now have an army size of 2077.

5 Mar – Our relations gain by Earl Aed VI finishes and gains +25 next is a Sway Scheme for my Spymaster Duke Aed – it shoud take17 months

14 Mar – Earl Murchad of Dubhlinn arrives to pay homage and I greet him. We renew his vows, and he offers 50 cash, I gain 100 renown, 150 prestige and 6 court grandeur and he gets prestige and renown too.

That brings me to 286 cash.

Our court returns to level 5

26 June – Duke Aed of Connacht passes. He was also our Spymaster.

Duke of Connacht – Ruadri,
-50 relations, 36, Catholic and Irish, stats are 6/12/4/10/2. Obviously he is best as my Marital with 12 there. I order Sway here which should take 18 months. Lazy, Calm, Vengeful

We have open – Spymaster- his is a solid 10. I appoint him – we now have 0 relations

3 Sept – Event – The Stolen Keg – My cook discovers that my grandson and Earl Olav of Ormond stole a Keg of Wine and my grandson watched while Olav drunk himself silly. What do I want to do? Our grandson is temperate already, if you’ll recall. I can commend him and he keeps temperate or encourage something else and swap temperate for another good trait and pay 30 stress. I can swap his temperate for diligent or gregarious. I keep it at temperate since you get +10 from vassals.

15 Sept, 1076 – Ten years have passed very slowly…

22 Sept – Event – Tasting the Grounds - I get out and take a nice relaxing ride and lose 32 stress.

28 Sept – Ready? My Court Poet Mechthild has returned! She found a tapestry of masterful level of craftmanship. And she returned! I display it in my court!

It will last 150 years, gives me monthly +0.14 renown, +6 grandeur bonus

15 Oct – Our court grandeur level drops back down

5 Dec - I want to hire another Men at Arms army now that I have a 4th home for them. I move my 10 Mangonels to house in Athlone. I could get armored footmen for 90 cash or 86 cash for light cavalry. Right now my army upkeep since my army is unraised is just -1. What would I get from this cash splay and how much would the upkeep be? When am I getting the Armored Cavalry boost? Not for 56 years so instead I hire light cavalry to add them to my army. This would be another 100 troops in my men at arms and cost me 0.34/month when not raised. I station them in Ossory’s Gabhran castle.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote