View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 01:33 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s look at my military now:

Our levies are now 1452 so we have a total army size of 1874 and currently 1389 to rebuild after our war.

Ossory is at 40 control and now making us 0.53 in tax and then levies of 232

I go to my Court View, unlocked with King and Emperor, and look at my Grandeur, now level 4. I am ranked 18th in the world, and we are supposed to increase it as my territory does. I can commission artifacts, pay artists or increase living standards to do so. Amenities cost gold per month, and there is a courter called an Antiquarian to help upkeep and repair artifacts.

Right now we have all four Amenities at zero cost to upkeep – that’s Fashion at Last-Century, Bland Food, Minute Quarters and Very Few Servants.

I can also change our Court Type and Court Language

Also, remember Courtiers help with court grandeur.

Do I want to hire a Court Poet since the Irish are better at that?

Court Poet – 0.38 monthly cost, monthly boost is 1 – 3 grandeur monthly based on aptitude, monthly boost of 0-20% Grandeur from ability, and can randomly become inspired and commission a great work artifact. Would I have someone good enough to hire?

I have one option, she’s good, but not Irish but Franconian. Do I want to hire her without the Irish boost but she’s good? I do:

Meet Mechtild – Good, Court lowborn, 33, Catholic Franconian, stats of 10/16/12/3/11 – not bad with the all but one in double digits, and then Content, Wrathful and Stubborn traits - +2 bonus monthly and +15% boost

I drop from 5.9 cash monthly to 5.6.

I could also do Court Musician or Court Jester for 3.1 monthly too. I hold off I need to keep my gold free.

I have a Courtroom Issue – Foremost Knight –

Everything thinks Knight Bhatair is better than Conchobar. They have become rivals as the latter doesn’t acknowledge it and thinks he is the better fighter. Conchobar enters court where Bhatair is and challenges him to a duel outside.

I have four options:

1. May the Best Knight Win – We gain +10 grandeur, the Knights fight, +10 relations with me, the winner gains prestige and kills the loser
2. Take their Swords, Give Training Blades – We gain 6 grandeur, the winner wounds the loser and gains 75 prestige
3. I Will Humble Both of You – I fight the better prowess Bhatar. If I win I gain prestige and he drops the rivalry if I lose I get a humiliation event for 5 years and lose prestige
4. You are on the Same Side – I make nice and spend 6 grandeur to make nice and this is against my nature since I am wrathful so I gain 60 stress.

Which one? The 2nd. It risks the least. Altough I have two more prowess than Bhatar so I might win against him. Bhatar wins and wounds Conchobar and gains 75 prestige.

Want to see Ireland’s new Flag Standard and Color?

I got you!!!

Since I cannot do Ulster next, I’ll likely head to Wales after getting up to snuff with my CB and rearming my army.

Local Ally Gwynedd: 2030 troops
Potential Enemy Deheubarth: 1491 soldiers
Ireland once rebuilt: 1874 sliders

Since I never called Gwynedd to war on Ireland and then I fought a Civil War with them to keep in power I suspect they’ll be okay helping me win our first war against their local guy. They have no allies.

I’m not even 10 years into this thing, but a lot has happened.

7 August – Event – The Deer of a Longphort – We get a report of Deer in Breifne and should get good Deer hunting there for the next three years. That’s in Connacht territory so I leave them to it. To organize a Deer Hunt takes 230 cash which I don’t have, but they have just 6, so never mind.

17 Aug – Earl Muiredach of Desmond arrives at the court, and I let him come in.

We reconfirm his rights to Desmond, he gives me 50 cash, 150 prestige and 6 grandeur and then he gets 75 prestige and a massive 100 renown for us both. We only had 185.

Our Court Grandeur is now level 5 and we are ranked in the Top 10 at 9th

1 Sept – Our cash per month rises to 6.1 from 5.6.

We have enough Renown to unlock a Dynasty Legacy. What do I want? Let’s take a looksee!

It looks like this was for his House not Briain but Dal gCais – it costs 250 this time and 500 next. Actually, that’s not him, that’s not anyone near us on the House map or our wife.

Here are the ones I like:

Vibrant Court
– Courtiers, Guest +10, +5 grandeur, better guests recruited and -30% of their recruitment cost.

Mostly Fair - +5 relations, -30% cost for feast and hunt

House of Warriors
- +2 prowess, knight ability +15%

I like all three of these. One’s good for combat, another good for courts and a 3rd cheap at events.

Let’s pull out the Mostly Fair since I don’t really care about the cost reduction when compared to the other too. Better prowess and Knights or better Court.

Here’s why I like each:

Court – Most grandeur boosts cost money to upkeep or courtiers to do the same with cost for boosts. Not this with a boost to grandeur for free. You also pull Guests and have 30% reduction in their cost. But note that this doesn’t read +5 grandeur / month.

If it did, it’d be more likely here. But I like House of Warriors instead for that reason But the Mostly Fair will let me grab level 2 next time which is:

Faithful Magistrates -20% Title Creation Cost

That could save us loads of cash. But we’ll stick with House of Warriors since getting boosts in combat can help us fight better against bigger numbers in Wales.

I’ll see you next chapter at 750 renown.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote