View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 11:24 AM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Vassalization of Connacht and Ailech:

4 July - Since I now have De Jure claims on Ireland, I stop claims in Ui Mhaine and move to south Wales to our non-ally in Dyfed that is controlled by Deheubarth

I get a message from my Courtiers…ready?

Let me show you the good news!!!

As you can see, the Petty Kingdom of Connacht will take a Normal Feudal Obligation to join our realm in peace! I offer it.

5 July – Our Court’s Grandeur increases a level

11 July – They accept!!!

Here, let’s look at our new folks:

Duke Aed mac Tadg - 5/10/11/16/6 –
prowess of 6, Catholic Irish, 58, Just, Zealous and Shy - -40 relations since he has -40 with wanting a seat on the council.

I order a s Sway attempt to begin. He is a powerful vassal, and all of my others still are. I can’t change my Bishop since I’m Catholic and he was appointed by Rome. But I can my Spymaster with 13 Intrigue with Marchaid and swap in Aed with his of a massive 16 so he’s an improvement and lose 20 with Marchaid. Now he’s at +10 and you need positive loyalty from them to save your life from schemes.

Here are our four new holdings:

Ui Mhaine – 4 Baronies, owed by Aed, 6 dev, Wetlands, 100 control, Irish and Catholic – in Connacht Petty Kingdom

Mayo – Capital of Petty Kingdom, north of Ui Mhaine not previously next to me, south of Breifne – also four Baronies also Wetlands, development of 7, also Irish and Catholic, in the same Kingdom, ruled by Aed, 100 control

Breifne – North of Mayo, south of the free Ailech, west of Oriel – Final one in Connacht Petty Kingdom; 92 control, ruled by Aed, has a negative opinion of him by -50 massive. 7 dev, 5 Baronies here and with terrain like 3 Wetlands and one each Forest and Hills, Irish and Catholic – the negative stuff is coming from a modifier called “Chafing Control”

Oriel – South of Scotland’s Ulster and Ailech, east of Breifne, captured by Connacht, in the Petty Kingdom of Ulster, ruled by Earl Domnall, 84 control, Irish, Catholic, County Corruption here with a Smuggling Ring, 8 development, 5 Baronies here too they are 3 Plains one Hills one Wetlands

Now that I am a King…these things happen:

I get another Domain Limit due to my King from

I now get +5.8 prestige a month

We have all but Ulster and Ailech left.

Monthly Income Breakdown:

Domain: +5.2
Taxes from Vassals: +1.3
Taxes from Clergy: +0.8

Total Income Monthly: 7.4

Costs – Men at Arms at Home –-1.8 – this should drop after my Men at Arms reboot from the Athlone war
Courtiers - -0.1

Total Costs – -1.9

Net Income – 5.5, and could get more in a few months!

Can I peace dip Ailech now that we are next to them?

Yup! And with Normal Feudal Obligations. I make the offer.

18 July – We unlock a new Martial perk, I take Serve the Crown - +15 Dread, +0.3 Control monthly growth

19 July – They accept our offer!

Ailech:

Earl Aed VI mac Neill - Two Aeds? Rough. 43 years old, 7/5/24/13/11 - nasty stats – Greedy, Diligent, Deceitful traits – relations are +5 since he is a key vassal but has tons of good stuff. I cannot name him my Bishop but with that 24 in Stewardship replace my 17 from Desmond and increase mine by 7, that 13 is in Intrigue but I have better. We have positive relations so I don’t push it. Irish and Catholic. He is sending me nothing since I am not his true liege that is the Petty King of Ulster, but I now am making 5.9 monthly

Ailech – West of Ulster – Four Baronies with two Hills and one each Wetlands and Forest. 7 development, 100 Control Irish and Catholic,

And then there was one and Scotland has Bohemia King as a Ally and just by himself has 6646 troops so that’s not happening.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-14-2023 at 11:24 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote