View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 08:26 AM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

18 April – Do I want to make the Petty King of Leinster title? I have nothing De Jure to gain since I have them both. It would cost me a strong 212 cash, but I’d gain 300 prestige. I am making 5.5 monthly after costs and then I have 664 in cash, but I’d rather save that for CB bribes and then also upgrades to provinces since I have them all and don’t gain any De Jure stuff, it’s just a swap of gold for prestige. Although I spend around 100 prestige to DOW and 50 to win, so we go through 300 pretty quickly and I have 759 and am gaining a much smaller 1.8 monthly, but let’s hold off for now.

23 April – We give birth to another Daughter! We name her Bébinn. She has no abilities

12 August – We get an event – Mandeans in Nyitra. The Prince of Hungary and his people have converted to this heresy. I choose not to spend 250 Piety and convert with the Prince.

7 Sept – More Mandeans are converting

1 Oct – A hunt starts in Tralee in Earl of Desmond’s capital Barony, I join them. This is my first Hunt event

23 Oct – We have set up camp, waited for others and are heading to the Hunt now

6 Nov – We get a Hunt Event – our Chanceller Earl Ragnvald II wants to hunt flowers after coming across a beautiful field. What do I do? I have four options here are two that make sense:

1. Get back on your horse - -10 relations for ten years, gain 35 prestige
2. Pick herbs for the doctor – worse chance of hunt, I gain 20 stress since I am impatient, stocked medicine for 5 years,

So I can lose 10 relations with my key vassal or gain 20 stress and stock medicine. I choose the first

13 Nov – Hunt Event #2 – Softly, Softly – We come across the Roe Deer we are hunting but our leader wants to attack from the front rather than creep around it. This is more perilous

27 Nov – Hunt Event #3 – Cornering the Roe – It’s too fast we lost it.

4 Dec – We finish the Hunt empty handed. I gain some relations with locals from Desmond like a Mayor

Cultural Ruler
– Since I have more Irish holdings than anyone else, I am the Culture Head and thus I can reform Irish culture. As of right now, all Irish Holdings are Pastoralists and get boosts to Prowess and travel speed we are polygamous and can marry multiple partners, we are Monastic and love taking vows we are Maritime Mercantile and build those buildings an era early and we are Refined Poets and do better at the Royal Poet courtier. We can have up to six traditions.

Ethos – Ceremonious - +10% prestige boost monthly; -15% Title Creation, we also have House favor boost and Court Grandeur boosts.

Our Cultural Pilar -

Martial – Men Only

This also sets language what the buildings look like and more

If I reform I can reform the Traditions, Pillars or Ethos.

We are in the Early Medieval period. Irish have discovered 6 of 17 innovations.

So, for example, we cannot build that Keep we wanted because the Irish don’t know about Battlements and that should be automatically discovered in 385 years slowly over time. Another example of a missing innovation is the Arched Saddle which would let me build Cavalry named Armored Horseman. When these are unlocked, everyone Irish gets them. We can focus on one. Right now, that is Royal Prerogative which is discoverable in 53 more years. What do I want?

That lets me choose to get higher taxes and levies at 10% but annoy my vassals with Higher Crown Authority, or really annoy them with Absolute but really bring in that cash and levies.

I could focus on Battlements in 58 years or Cavalry in 57. I like both. Hmmm…how about Arched Saddle.

Do I want to Reform and add a 6th Tradition?

They cost between 2k and 7k prestige for the better ones, so I cannot do that now.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote