View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 07:06 AM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vassalizing Dubhlinn -

Actually, hold on a second. See the 5 number of notes on the top? The Earl of Dubhlinn is willing to vassalize now to get our protection. Here, let me show you:

As you can see the base for vassalization is -50 and we lose -20 for not being their lord, but we have enough to get to +1. And he’s an Earl, so since we are higher at Petty King, this should work in order to split our duchy after we die and our child takes over.

I offer it to him. But he’ll only join with low feudal obligations for Taxes and Levies not the middle one.

14 Feb – He agrees! We raise relations by +10.

Earl Murchad mac Diarmait, 6/9/9/2/2 – Age 47
. House Chiennselag, our nephew, Temperate, Humble Honest, Lustful – current relations -40 since he’s not on our Council and he’s a key vassal. Irish, Catholic

I order relations improved with him, this should take around 20 months.

All three vassals are key vassals so we cannot replace one of my old Earls with him so his 9s are in Martial and Stewardship, and my Steward is a key vassal with 17. My Martial is my step brother Lorcan with 13 so I would drop my ability here by 4 to make nice with him but I do so and he is my new Martial.

I order him to raise control in Ossory, and Lorcan’s opinion of me drops by 20 for ten years, and our relations with Murchad are now +19.

Remember that both of our new holdings are Earls and have low feudal obligations

Dubhlinn – The jewel of Ireland – a massive 10 development, 5 baronies, land type is Plains in four and Hills in one, Norse culture not Irish (The only non-Irish holding in Ireland) and Catholic and opinion of Earl is -12 because of it, on the coast, east of Athlone, south of Connacht’s Oriel and Breif. In the two province Petty Kingdom of Meath with Athlone, Absolute control

Leinster – South of Dubhlinn – east of Ossory, in the two province Petty Kingdom with Ossory called Leinster, 6 dev, four baronies, 2 are plains, 2 are hills, Irish and Catholic, Absolute control

Now my military max is 1522 with a current of 1494 and I am making an extra .3/month in taxes – not big changes, but worth it.

Here, see:

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote