View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 05:58 AM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 December – My Chancellor screws up and relations with Connacht drop by 30 for 5 years – we are now -10 from +20

7 February – I come down with terrible migraines. We need to take a break.

5 March – By the by, since our Men at Arms has restocked, we are just spending -1.0 on military again and am making 3.7 monthly.

9 Mar – Our Knight’s prowess raises with my Martial training them. I’ll skip these minor updates moving forward.

14 March – We are born with a daughter! We name her Conchenn.

Conchenn – No ablities

April 4 – Our scheme to gain relations with Bishop Johansson worked and we gain +25 relations and that moves us to +17 and he now endorses us and we are getting taxes from churches now which makes us at 3.9 monthly net.

I agree to a Sway Scheme with our new Earl of Desmond. It should take 20 months. Our current relation is -29 and would increase by 25 to get us close to positive

27 May - Since I have more than 1k in cash and then a big cash boost with the Bishop’s recognition; do I want to buy something to build up my capital province:

We have:

Fishing Net Weavers at level 2 which increase development speed, taxes
Motte Castle level 1
Bailey Level 2 which we discussed when that was upgraded
Hide Tents Level 1 – Which increase the ability of garrisoned Men-at-Arms
Lookout Towers level 1 - Which increase hunt sighting chance and a bit of tax

I could upgrade from a Motte to a Keep for 550 cash and 5 years and then get:

+0.7 tax increase from +0.4
Fort level from 1 to 4
Boost to Men at Arms in conflict from 10 to 20%
Levies from 175 to 325
Garrison from 250 to 750 in size

Since I want to wage a lot of war, that seems like good stuff to manage my troops.

For better finances I could increase Fish Net Weavers for 340 cash and 21 months by +0.2 cash from 0.5 to 0.7.

Or I could build a new building like Military Academies for 485 which boosts my military strongly but no new taxes or Royal Armories to boost them and drop cost to pay them by 20% or Jousting Grounds to improve my cavalry, or Archery Grounds to boost them. Want to boost gold? Tax Offices tax holdings by 15%.

I hold off on new buildings and instead buy a Fort upgrade for 5 years and 550 cash after my building is complete.

10 Aug - Martial Lorcan has been proudly showing off a new recruit. A new Commander arrives and is not noble blood but is very strong according to Lorcan so I agree to welcome him to my court - Bhatar.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote